• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sharp edge on shift knob

Cooper

First Name
Cooper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic SI - Sonic Gray Pearl
Does anyone else have an SI shift knob that is uncomfortable due to the sharpness of the metal plate with the shift map on the top? I just got my new Civic SI in sonic gray, and I was surprised that when upshifting to third or fifth, there is enough of an edge to the top metal plate that it digs into my hand and is uncomfortable.

If you look up close, it looks like the shift map piece generally conforms to the countour of the knob. But if I put your hand on top of the knob, which I always do, it digs into the skin a bit. I have never experienced this in a stick shift before. I cannot find anyone else complaining about this issue. So either a) I'm the only one shifting with hand over the knob instead of around it, or b) my shift knob was made differently.

There is no obvious adjustment or loosness to the shift map piece.
Sponsored

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2022 Subaru WRX
I think yours is defective. I don't use mine as I am running a 10th gen jdm ctr knob as I prefer the shape and leather, I will check mine later tonight. The shift pattern is just ground into the top of the knob , it isn't a piece that can move or be removed is it ?

OP
OP

Cooper

First Name
Cooper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic SI - Sonic Gray Pearl
It's definitely a metal piece that seems to be glued on top of the knob, and in my case it has a prominent lip. Must be too large..
11th Gen Honda Civic Sharp edge on shift knob PXL_20220703_012319800

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2022 Subaru WRX
^ oh that piece, yes , I thought you meant a piece that was further on top. The leather on your knob looks to be indented causing the edge of the metal top to be more exposed than it should be. I think the leather is poorly assembled. I'd complain to the dealer if it is affecting you as you describe. My knob isn't like that.
Sponsored