• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Ministry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Boost Blue #684, 2022 Si (sold)
Had Xpel ceramic tint completed on Friday and spent the weekend doing some local canyon runs at light/moderate speeds, generally keeping things under 4k rpm. Despite driving it at 6/10ths, came away impressed overall and the car exceeded my expectations.

Few notes from the journey (probably nothing ground-breaking here). Rotated between sport and R+ modes. Overall great steering feel, sharp handling with minimal/no body roll, effortless clutch and shifting (no missed shifts or grinds), and phenomenal breaking. Didn't think R+ was overly aggressive or bumpy. The pumped in engine noise didnā€™t bother me, though I was keeping the rpms down. Some expected road noise and wind sounds noted from the driverā€™s side but overall the cabin was 100% rattle and squeak free. I'll probably pickup some driving gloves as my hands were sweating a bit with the alcantara wheel.

My biggest take is how wonderful the driverā€™s cockpit is. The seats and control touch points are a cut above combined with the thin a-pillars making SUV-like visibility while driving...definitely one of the things that sets the Type R apart from other performance vehicles. Type R must look the part as I had almost every slower moving vehicle pull over to let me pass... maybe just some good luck.

1st run was not without incident. About a Ā¾ the way through my run I got a TPMS error and thought the worst (ran over a nail or other object). I pulled over and checked the tire pressures and everything was ok. I headed to the nearest gas station and after another inspection, re-calibrated the TPMS within the settings menu and the error cleared and I never saw it again. Issue never surfaced on the 2nd run.

Just under a week of ownership and Iā€™m still head over heels thrilled with this machine. Itā€™s broken necks around town and I canā€™t wait to really open it up after break-in followed by a planned willow springs track day in December.
11th Gen Honda Civic Some Weekend Canyon Runs in my FL5 After XPEL & Ceramic Coat IMG_1483.JPG
11th Gen Honda Civic Some Weekend Canyon Runs in my FL5 After XPEL & Ceramic Coat IMG_1502.JPG
Sponsored

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 #1348 (Sold), FL5 #682
OMG šŸ˜
Looks Hella good šŸ˜
Dropping #682 of at detailer on Tuesday for paint corrections, ceramic coating and tint.
Yea you see...going crazy this time...50 windshield, 40 front, 20 back three ( or 5 ) šŸ˜

RickyJeezus

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Had Xpel ceramic tint completed on Friday and spent the weekend doing some local canyon runs at light/moderate speeds, generally keeping things under 4k rpm. Despite driving it at 6/10ths, came away impressed overall and the car exceeded my expectations.

Few notes from the journey (probably nothing ground-breaking here). Rotated between sport and R+ modes. Overall great steering feel, sharp handling with minimal/no body roll, effortless clutch and shifting (no missed shifts or grinds), and phenomenal breaking. Didn't think R+ was overly aggressive or bumpy. The pumped in engine noise didnā€™t bother me, though I was keeping the rpms down. Some expected road noise and wind sounds noted from the driverā€™s side but overall the cabin was 100% rattle and squeak free. I'll probably pickup some driving gloves as my hands were sweating a bit with the alcantara wheel.

My biggest take is how wonderful the driverā€™s cockpit is. The seats and control touch points are a cut above combined with the thin a-pillars making SUV-like visibility while driving...definitely one of the things that sets the Type R apart from other performance vehicles. Type R must look the part as I had almost every slower moving vehicle pull over to let me pass... maybe just some good luck.

1st run was not without incident. About a Ā¾ the way through my run I got a TPMS error and thought the worst (ran over a nail or other object). I pulled over and checked the tire pressures and everything was ok. I headed to the nearest gas station and after another inspection, re-calibrated the TPMS within the settings menu and the error cleared and I never saw it again. Issue never surfaced on the 2nd run.

Just under a week of ownership and Iā€™m still head over heels thrilled with this machine. Itā€™s broken necks around town and I canā€™t wait to really open it up after break-in followed by a planned willow springs track day in December.
IMG_1483.JPG
IMG_1502.JPG
Which canyons? Iā€™m planning on going this weekend with a couple buddies, would love to compare my Boost Blue to yours in person (if you plan on going next weekend)

randomFL5guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Thanks for sharing your experience with the car so far! I am curious, does the FL5 actually have physical TPMS sensors? If I recall correctly I thought the 11th gen civic just uses wheel sensors to count rotations of all the wheels to determine if one of the tires has low pressure?

DPE

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Thanks for the report! Bright blue is a good choice to get folks to move over; I've found brightly colored cars force the issue better than dull ones, like mine. Damn the TPMS issue though; I still get that from time to time on my FK8 and as yet there has never been a low tire.

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 #1348 (Sold), FL5 #682
Thanks for sharing your experience with the car so far! I am curious, does the FL5 actually have physical TPMS sensors? If I recall correctly I thought the 11th gen civic just uses wheel sensors to count rotations of all the wheels to determine if one of the tires has low pressure?
no sensors...forged wheels actually comes with center caps and valve stem...
it uses the ABS system and somehow detect the smaller diameter of the wheel when tire is flat...then triggers light...not exactly sure, but I think in a nut shell that's how the FK8 and FL5 TPMS works.

OP
OP
Ministry

Ministry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Boost Blue #684, 2022 Si (sold)
Which canyons? Iā€™m planning on going this weekend with a couple buddies, would love to compare my Boost Blue to yours in person (if you plan on going next weekend)
I'm down next weekend for sure. Stayed around SCV so bouquet canyon, little tujunga, lake hughes, and soledad but I'm willing to travel too.