• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Super loud noise Eagle F1 Sport

dt17

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback turbo 2017
235/40r18 means your sidewall is now 94mm, what was your previous 16" sidewall thickness? i think it could be normal because now i am getting 60++ db on street on 215/50r17 = 107.5mm sidewall
(Michelin PS4)

Also, as others has mentioned, F1 Eagle sports is a performance tyre and therefore the NVH will take be secondary consideration when designing the tyre, i am going to change to Eagle F1 sports in the next few days because i have a nail in one of my tyres and i will update you if its better or worse than the Michelin PS4
Sponsored

OP
OP
cyclop20

cyclop20

First Name
kin Wei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic FE XI SPEC E
235/40r18 means your sidewall is now 94mm, what was your previous 16" sidewall thickness? i think it could be normal because now i am getting 60++ db on street on 215/50r17 = 107.5mm sidewall
It’s 119mm on 16in tyre.
Now I’m change back to 16 inch wheel, feel much comfort haha.

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2022 Subaru WRX
My 2019 WRX was super noisy on the highway with OEM Dunlop performance tires, my ears would ring when I got home from a highway drive. I put on a set of Cooper Zeon tires in 2022 and the car was so much quieter as soon as the tires were swapped, the Coopers also performed better and the car was much more responsive.

When my Civic tires wear out I am switching to Cooper Zeons, I've used them on other cars and always had a good experience with them.

dt17

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback turbo 2017
Just replaced my tires with Goodyear Eagle F1 Sports 225/45/r17 from 215/50/r17 (Michelin PS4), Using the NIOSH app and sense of NVH. Its the same as before. i would say the Goodyear Eagle F1 Sports is even slightly better in term of both performance and NVH

Will update later if there are any changes

OP
OP
cyclop20

cyclop20

First Name
kin Wei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic FE XI SPEC E
My 2019 WRX was super noisy on the highway with OEM Dunlop performance tires, my ears would ring when I got home from a highway drive. I put on a set of Cooper Zeon tires in 2022 and the car was so much quieter as soon as the tires were swapped, the Coopers also performed better and the car was much more responsive.

When my Civic tires wear out I am switching to Cooper Zeons, I've used them on other cars and always had a good experience with them.
first time heard this brand, sound nice.
Sponsored