• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Tyre pressure monitor?

MrB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000, Nissan Skyline R33 GTR
Hi all

I had the TPMS light come on this morning on my way into work. Stuck in a traffic jam I looked through the menus to try find a tyre pressure monitor screen but there doesn't seem to be one. Have I missed it hidden somewhere?
Sponsored

slysamba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
s2000
No, this car doesn't have TPMS sensors, it relies on the wheel speed to calculate a flat. aka passive tpms.

OP
OP

MrB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000, Nissan Skyline R33 GTR
Thanks for the clarification - I am surprised it doesn't have one!

AshSerigala

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11-Gen Honda Civic Hatchback Sport-Touring
Ya know... I never really dugged into it, but I guess I always assumed it did for some reason? I guess mostly cuz I dont understand the system. When the season changed from winter to summer, I had the TPMS light come on, and sure enough the wheels did need some air, and I had to do the calibration thing through the menu to make it go away.

I guess it makes sense, because you gotta calibrate to fix the dummy light, and if you calibrate with low PSI, it'll take it and assume alls good. Which I guess woulda told me its not actually monitoring PSI. Which, is sorta handy to know. Since I had plans to eventually swap rims and figured I'd have to get TPMS installed in them.
Sponsored