• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

To new beginnings

mpneda

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 WRX STI
I’m coming from a 2012 wrx sti, still haven’t sold my car but I’m 99% sure I will be selling for the fk9, I’ve always wanted a type r and now I, finally able to get one. Any dealer tips? Car tips? Things I would expect coming from AWD to FWD? Super hype for it and always wanted to be part of the Honda community.
Sponsored

Midnight-VTEC

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
2023 Type R chassis code if FL (we don’t know the number yet but speculate FL2)

coming from the WRX you will love the Type R, if the new one drives anything like the last one it will amaze you that’s it FWD. welcome to forum!

OP
OP
mpneda

mpneda

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 WRX STI
2023 Type R chassis code if FL (we don’t know the number yet but speculate FL2)

coming from the WRX you will love the Type R, if the new one drives anything like the last one it will amaze you that’s it FWD. welcome to forum!
Living in the San Fernando Valley I have access to a good amount of canyons, how do they handle in canyons?

TimeRacer

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Prelude
Living in the San Fernando Valley I have access to a good amount of canyons, how do they handle in canyons?
Differently. STi in part due to suspension design and in part of the asymmetrical AWD system they use is an understeer monster and typically have a bit of difficulty getting the rear rotation in. The CTR drives similar in the sense FWD is understeer prone but the CTR achieves much faster turn in, Subaru just haven't figured it out or tune all their cars this way with a slower front end. The CTR has much more front end bite on turn initiation and quicker to get the weight transferred in the rear. But, in part due to being FWD the rear never really gets much rotation and you have to decide from your tuning (tire pressures or modifications) if you want to try and get rotation by having lower tire pressures out back which make your sidewalls roll over a bit more generally yielding less ultimate grip but the rear slides giving some rotation. Or just going full grip route and allowing the car just to hang on which it does very well but any of the power on slides/rotation you enjoyed in the STi won't be there.

In general though going to FWD is a step back/sideways from the STi though depending on your purpose. Moving toward a true RWD bias AWD system (xDrive in BMW's as an example) or a RWD car will be more in the progression of learning how to drive better and learning how to steer with your right foot. STi's and CTR's simply can't do that and become somewhat limited in what one can learn. But in terms of ultimate handling? CTR's aren't going to limit your cornering speed, but there's only really 1-2 ways to enter a corner to get it right. RWD and rear bias AWD can get away with many ways to get through a corner and get it done.
Sponsored