• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

TSP Stage 1 misfire in cylinder 1/3/4 and running rich

OP
OP
Masked

Masked

First Name
Jos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si Coupe
That's strange. Was there an "R" anywhere in the tune file name? I feel like I've heard that's on the Race MAF tunes, but don't have a source on that...

You basically just wanna inspect all hoses, lines, and couplers between the MAF/intake/turbo inlet and the cold pipe of the intercooler, where it is being routed into the intake manifold. Any holes/tears/loose clamps, etc. could cause a boost leak.
What can I say.. I flashed the car with KTuner dual 19.5/23 PSI in sport mode and the car is running perfectly and hitting boost every gear.. Definitely not boost leak, AFR is perfect as well as STFT and LTFT and no knock/misfire... I think they sent me two race maf tune there is no other solution...
Sponsored

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
What can I say.. I flashed the car with KTuner dual 19.5/23 PSI in sport mode and the car is running perfectly and hitting boost every gear.. Definitely not boost leak, AFR is perfect as well as STFT and LTFT and no knock/misfire... I think they sent me two race maf tune there is no other solution...
Definitely sounds like the tune. Can you copy and paste the filename?

OP
OP
Masked

Masked

First Name
Jos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si Coupe
Definitely sounds like the tune. Can you copy and paste the filename?
Sure this is the file name : TSP_Stage1_5AMC0x_KTFLV10**** , they sent me another one but the name was same thing but with RACEMAFPRL, so this one must be the race tune... But maybe they made a mistake and the street tune is actually a race tune?

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Sure this is the file name : TSP_Stage1_5AMC0x_KTFLV10**** , they sent me another one but the name was same thing but with RACEMAFPRL, so this one must be the race tune... But maybe they made a mistake and the street tune is actually a race tune?
Yeah... I'd email TSP at this point honestly. Your car running fine on the stock tune AND a Ktuner basemap points to this being an issue with the tune file itself.

GTA1977

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
@D-RobIMW Could it be that I had the wrong file?
Did you finally get your issue resolved? Reading threads such as yours and the fact that so many TSP Stage 1 users destroyed their clutch makes me hesitant to get the tune. You don't hear these problems with Ktuner base tunes.

OP
OP
Masked

Masked

First Name
Jos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si Coupe
Did you finally get your issue resolved? Reading threads such as yours and the fact that so many TSP Stage 1 users destroyed their clutch makes me hesitant to get the tune. You don't hear these problems with Ktuner base tunes.
Almost resolved. TSP sent me two race maf tunes, so I was running really rich because I didnt have a race intake. They are supposed to send me a new tune and I will see from there. The stock clutch is crap, even with KTuner base tune you will destroy it faster than with a stock tune because it is not able to support that much torque. Mine is still ok at the moment, I am really conservative and I don't push the car too much.

GTA1977

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Almost resolved. TSP sent me two race maf tunes, so I was running really rich because I didnt have a race intake. They are supposed to send me a new tune and I will see from there. The stock clutch is crap, even with KTuner base tune you will destroy it faster than with a stock tune because it is not able to support that much torque. Mine is still ok at the moment, I am really conservative and I don't push the car too much.
Good to hear that it's a simple error and not a bigger problem. Glad things worked out in the end.

whiteSIR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Is there anyway to check if the street tune is indeed the street tune before flashing? Just bought the TSP tune as well and received the 2 files like you've mentioned. Concerned that I might've received two race tune files as well.

OP
OP
Masked

Masked

First Name
Jos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si Coupe
Is there anyway to check if the street tune is indeed the street tune before flashing? Just bought the TSP tune as well and received the 2 files like you've mentioned. Concerned that I might've received two race tune files as well.
Unfortunately no.. Check the data carefully and do a test run, if your STFT and LTFT are wayyy negative and you are on the stock intake, you are on a race tune.

GTA1977

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
How do you find the TSP tune compares to the Ktuner 19.5/23 map?

OP
OP
Masked

Masked

First Name
Jos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si Coupe
How do you find the TSP tune compares to the Ktuner 19.5/23 map?
KTuner 19.5/23 basemap is awesome if you don't want to push the car too much, but still feel you'd like the car to be more responsive and aggressive when you want to. TSP Stage 1 is another world, the tune is awesome and it makes me smile every time I give the car a bit of gas ;) The problem with the stock tune is that the car feels dull, I highly recommend you get at least KTuner basemap and if you don't drive like a maniac every day your clutch will be just fine.

GTA1977

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
KTuner 19.5/23 basemap is awesome if you don't want to push the car too much, but still feel you'd like the car to be more responsive and aggressive when you want to. TSP Stage 1 is another world, the tune is awesome and it makes me smile every time I give the car a bit of gas ;) The problem with the stock tune is that the car feels dull, I highly recommend you get at least KTuner basemap and if you don't drive like a maniac every day your clutch will be just fine.
Ktuner was the first mod I got on the car. It feels great, but now that I got used to it, I want more power.