• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

HONDANB

First Name
JOHN DOE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NEEDED
Well.....today, been running around burning away fuel left in the tank for a top tier 93 oct refill on the wknd. Need to start making some pulls!!!
Sponsored

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
Well.....today, been running around burning away fuel left in the tank for a top tier 93 oct refill on the wknd. Need to start making some pulls!!!
Canā€™t wait to see what your car does, let me know if you need anything.

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link

Doskiller

First Name
Kevan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R FL5
I also use Sunoco 93 and have for a long time. There is a station about 6 miles from my house that sells 93, 95, and 100 at the pump. You have to have your own approved container for the 100 though ....... cannot pump it directly into the tank. That 100 is some serious wake up juice for sure. I use to mix some of that with 95 in one of my Shelby mustangs ........ it made it sound like a nascar ........ ;-)

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I also use Sunoco 93 and have for a long time. There is a station about 6 miles from my house that sells 93, 95, and 100 at the pump. You have to have your own approved container for the 100 though ....... cannot pump it directly into the tank. That 100 is some serious wake up juice for sure. I use to mix some of that with 95 in one of my Shelby mustangs ........ it made it sound like a nascar ........ ;-)
That is always a nice little trick to keep in your pocket. Sunoco has been good to me as well as shell. I have used e85, leaded race fuels, and sunoco pump race gas. When I need a little extra oomph I just pump a gallon or 2 of 100oct into the tank and the cars love it.

Doskiller

First Name
Kevan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R FL5
That is always a nice little trick to keep in your pocket. Sunoco has been good to me as well as shell. I have used e85, leaded race fuels, and sunoco pump race gas. When I need a little extra oomph I just pump a gallon or 2 of 100oct into the tank and the cars love it.
Yeah man ......... you got that right.

KnoxTn17Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
You think removing the bumper would've made the job easier? I'm installing a new lip soon and taking off the bumper was a bit tedious because of the headlight clips so I would prefer to avoid it lol
I feel you on the head light clips. I took my 10th gen bumber off twice and hated it. That's why I chose to do what Varis says in the instructions, but I didn't remove the fender liner like they said. The most annoying part was getting the black piece back in. I had to back the bolts out a bit to get that piece to slide back in. After doing it, I would do it again versus taking the bumber off. Unless you're gonna install other parts that would need the bumper to come off.

vote4anh

First Name
Anh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DC2R
You think removing the bumper would've made the job easier? I'm installing a new lip soon and taking off the bumper was a bit tedious because of the headlight clips so I would prefer to avoid it lol
I assume you got the Spoon lip early? It has not released yet! Send us pictures!

Testa_Rossa_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 CW CTR
When I had my GT350R, It came with an alcantara wheel stock. The best method that I found for cleaning the wheel was to get a clean wash cloth about 6X6 or so and wet it thoroughly. Put it in the microwave for about 40 or 50 seconds and remove with some tongs. Put on gloves and twist/rub the towel into the alcantara as hard as you can all around the wheel. let dry and it will keep the wheel brand new for ever. I did this once a month just because I could. If you use a white wash cloth, it will astonish you how much dirt comes out. Of course you could use a cleaner but this method worked the best for me. If you let it go for a couple of months after typical daily driving, the top of the wheel feels like crushed oreos in your hands.
I also got the alcantara wheel and have been wondering how to keep it in like new shape. I've only had the car for about two weeks so I'll give this a try in about another two, I don't want it to flatten out.

Any tips on keeping the seats clean/protected? I was considering trying 303 fabric guard to keep it hydrophobic and protect from jean dye (I wear a lot of black denim) and then buying sonax to clean it every so often.

Doskiller

First Name
Kevan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R FL5
There is not really a great answer for keeping our red interiors clean. For any red fabric I use Gtechniq Smart Fabric I1-V3. it puts down a decent barrier against liquids. I ultimately purchased some nylon seat covers from Dream Automotive to keep the seats as new as possible.
Sponsored