• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

What did you pay for your FL5?

Geezer

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Prices are coming down for a FK8 but they are still crazy high and MOST are still close if not over their original MSRP. When you put that into consideration - then paying ADM for a NEW FL5 - should be better than the FK8 is deemed as not sooo bad. If it was a situation where you were seeing the FK8 going for used car prices and people were still paying $10k ADM if not more bc of accessories - then YES - it would be crazy but we arenā€™t.

Iā€™m a big fan of You Auto Advocate and they even say if you want an enthusiast car - limited to your area - it will be hard to get MSRP or below. I feel that things will start to go back to ā€™normalā€™ by mid next year but most arenā€™t willing to wait. And with the waiting list for the FL5 - the question is would you pay ā€˜a little moreā€™ to get it over someone who only is willing to pay MSRP. I think ā€˜mostā€™ would probably say yes.
That auto advocate guy is a joke he takes a few bits of industry data that is available on the web and passes it on as if it was a giant epiphany along with giving opinions that are spun as facts.

Geezer

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
What I find interesting is that people are so surprised on what others paid for a "Civic". Yes it's a Civic, but it is a rare Civic and thus the demand > supply increases the asking price. Regardless, people pay whatever they value for the item. The additional monetary value is the sentimental value of the purchaser. Currently the FK8's in CA are still going for over well over MSRP and people are still paying 3-5k over for NORMAL civic models, because they are just that in demand, so paying 10-15k for a RARE civic model seems to fit into the CURRENT market. Prices will likely drop if you can wait for a type R, but I feel it likely that your neighbor will pay an extra $2000 to secure the car over you (this happened to me. I offered 10k over and someone snatched it from under me by offering 12K before I got to the dealership).

Also it's not an apples to apples comparison based on where one is located. I paid about 15k over (markup + accessories, some I was gonna get anyway), but I live in California, where if someone holds out for MSRP, they have a slim/none chance in ever purchasing it, unless they know a dealership owner, works for Honda, or flies out to a lower income state. The low end here is 10k markup if you're lucky and around 18-25k on average (I called 60+ dealerships, several of them multiple times over 3 weeks to check price drop and found out how much markup they sold it for). If you live in a state that snows a lot, a FWD is less desirable, and thus the markup is lower because it is not as high in demand as a state like CA. I also didn't want to be put in waitlist 20+ deep at an MSRP dealer across the country, but some who do, will likely get a better deal, if they get called before end of production.

I haven't had much posts here, but I recently left the reddit CTR subreddit due to the shear level of toxicity from anyone who said they paid any markup over 5k and several really hateful PMs. There is just too many people who think they they are entitled to demand others how to act, because its affects their ability to buy the car. What they aren't considering are the facts i.e. rising interest rates, lower trade in values, rarity of car, cost of living in the location, and average income of the region which factored into my decision to pay the markup. They only see a markup over 10k and start bashing everyone because they are hidden behind a computer.

I am merely stating how much I paid so that people would better understand that it is not black and white when deciding to pay a markup. I would never be able to get this car in CA if I held out for MSRP and that was the same case when I shopped for the FK8's. I use this as a daily driver and am not keeping it in a garage for years waiting to flip it like most of the FK8 LE's. Because of these factors, that all factored into me paying my markup.
People really take the time to send hateful PMs? Lol

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
I'm surprised people aren't up in arms about the MSRP price being almost the same as 2 base model civics. For how many hours people will spend in their vehicle you might as well enjoy the ride.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
That auto advocate guy is a joke he takes a few bits of industry data that is available on the web and passes it on as if it was a giant epiphany along with giving opinions that are spun as facts.
Agreed.

He is "selling" stuff himself.... And I see the click bate they post on YouTube.

It really comes down to if you subscribe to what he is saying or not.

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
Truecar is saying they've sold the Type R at a pretty msrp price.
Tracker shows a little different from those on the forum that have reported in. Not sure what the overall reality is, but we've only got 17 samples out of 500+

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Tracker is not correct. There are cars sold that have not even arrived and tge tracker shows them as in stock. And for good measureā€¦ā€Honda sucksā€.

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
Tracker is not correct. There are cars sold that have not even arrived and tge tracker shows them as in stock. And for good measureā€¦ā€Honda sucksā€.
I was referring to the spreadsheet I made, not the car tracker šŸ˜¬

Mimzie2763

First Name
Parker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Toyota Supra Turbo 6MT, 2023 FL5
That's only like a $1k markup; not bad (provided you wanted the accessories)!
They were mandatory, tried to get msrp since it was like a grand or two from it but they wouldn't budge. Figured I was luckier than most people so I took it.