• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

When to connect Ktuner V2 for Datalogging right Map

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Car: 2018 Honda Civic EX CVT
Ktuner: V2

I have 3 maps uploaded. 1: Ktuner Basemap, 2: Custom Map on 93 Octane, 3: Custom Map on Boostane

Problem: When at the track, I'd hook up my V2 to datalog. When I set my map to 3, (Boostane Map) and datalogged, I was running slower 1/4 mile times. When got home and looked at the datalogs, I notice my ignition advance, turbo psi, etc wasn't on the Boostane map but what looked like the base map. It seems I have to start the car up, set the map I want to use and hook the Ktuner V2 up in a specific order or else, hooking up the V2 will switch the maps around.

Is there a correct/proper way to do this so that I am datalogging the map I set it at, rather than it get switched around somehow?

Is it: Start car, set map, connect V2 to datalog?
Or Hook V2 up, start car, set map
Or Start car up, hook V2 up then set map?
Or Something else

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
When I datalog, I plug the V2 in first. Start the car next. And set the Map I want last.

What I think happened to you was this...

You started the car, switched to Map 3 and THEN plugged the V2 in. And here's what happened:

The V2 will revert to the last used tune when you plug it in. The last time you had the V2 hooked up you must have been on Map 1. So even though you had manually set it Map 3, plugging the V2 in changed maps.

Viola! The case of the mixed up maps solved. :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: Myx
OP
OP
Myx

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When I datalog, I plug the V2 in first. Start the car next. And set the Map I want last.

What I think happened to you was this...

You started the car, switched to Map 3 and THEN plugged the V2 in. And here's what happened:

Viola! The case of the mixed up maps solved. :cool:
This is EXACTLY what happened. I still was going to be doing this because it seemed like it was the right order. I'd start the car, set what map number I wanted, then connect the Ktuner V2.

If I get time, I'll do this today and see if it stays on the map I wanted it on by doing it the way you described. Big thanks!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Myx

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The unit will switch the map when it's powered if it does not currently match.

You can also just choose the map from the V2 once it's powered. OTF is an option on the main menu.
I didn't know I could do this. Thanks!
Sponsored