• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Hondata...Flashpro... +6 PSI ... my ongoing review

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
So I get the extra power of the +6 when I need it and sometimes I get this...

20180601_085019_HDR.jpg
My drive into work I am tired and drive very easy. Usually see 42-46mpg for a 40 minute drive. Drive home I see 36-42mpg as I am awake and want to get home.

Civicster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T MT
Maybe it's the climate up north or something because I never even reach 40 mpg down here is TX.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Maybe it's the climate up north or something because I never even reach 40 mpg down here is TX.
The reason I'm getting better highway mileage is due to the CVT only doing 2000 rpm at 70+ mph. The stick is doing much higher rpms.

The CVT doesn't have the fun factor of the stick but tuned its a nice combo of power and economy.

Last edited:

Civicster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T MT
The reason I'm getting better highway mileage is due to the CVT only doing 2000 rpm at 70+ mph. The stick is doing much higher rpms.

The CVT doesn't have the fun factor of the stick but tuned its a nice combo of power and economy.
I would have to agree with that because that's what my 2016 Nissan Altima CVT did also at high speeds. That's the only dislike about MT is the RPM on highways, but not something that I haven't gotten over. The pros outweighs the cons in a big way.

Civicster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T MT
for reference, 2000rpm with the manual in 6th gear is about 50 mph
yup, I agree. Of coarse I can't drive 50mph on the highways. More closer to 3,000rpms for me and that definitely will consume more gas than the CVT.

Civicster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T MT
But still not bad running at 3,000 rpms compared to many vehicles running at those speeds thanks to the 1.5 litre.

Dassem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Touring
Just a shout out and thank you to the OP, gtman. This post was really informative and useful; also helped me finally make the decision to get the Hondata Flashpro on my 17 Touring. Just got it today with the +6 base map, and the difference is quite noticable. Just one night and I'm quite happy with it.

Have to wait until my gas tank gets a little lower so I can re-fill with 91.

Dassem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Touring
Glad it helped in your decision. I know most on the board are going Ktuner but I believe Hondata is an easy to use and effective tuner as well.
Yes, it really helped :). This is my daily driver too, but knew it needed a little more kick. I am very new to all this tuning, so I didn’t load the tune myself, local performance shop did it for me, Neetronics.

I may end up getting a few more things down the road, debating between CAI or suspension.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, it really helped :). This is my daily driver too, but knew it needed a little more kick. I am very new to all this tuning, so I didn’t load the tune myself, local performance shop did it for me, Neetronics.

I may end up getting a few more things down the road, debating between CAI or suspension.
Honestly, suspension is the way to go. Better tires and a bigger rear sway bar will transform the handling and make it more fun.

Civicster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T MT
I honestly haven't been really getting on the gas to see what my car can really do with the +6. I'm a little concerned about the factory clutch slipping if I drive it too hard. It really tries to pull hard the times I have played with the throttle and not sure if this clutch can continue to handle the power increase. I guess I can drive like I want to and just upgrade to a better clutch if it fails.

Last edited:
OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I honestly haven't been really getting on the gas to see what my car can really do with the +6. I'm a little concerned about the factory clutch slipping if I drive it too hard. It really tries to pull hard the times I have played with the throttle and not sure if this clutch can continue to handle the power increase. I guess I can drive like I want to and just upgrade to a better clutch if it fails.
I think the clutch should be OK with the +6. Turn it up to +9 and well that's a different story. I guess it boils down to how fast is "fast enough" for you.

For me, the +6 more or less hits the sweet spot. Drives close to stock if I take it easy and it feels more like a small V6 when I get on it. Could my car be tuned to go faster? Sure. I've thought about loading that 22psi tune I was playing around with but I'm just not not sure it's worth the extra risk and stress.
Sponsored