• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

What do you guys predict the 11th gen Si will be like?

Honda_RacerX

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
  • Banned
I've been thinking about this a lot recently. For the past 3 generations, the power hasn't really changed, although the handling has gotten better, that's for sure.

Any predictions on what the next gen Si will be like? I believe Honda will finally increase the power by a substantial amount (relative to previous increments) to maybe around 225 - 230 HP and similar torque numbers.

I also predict that there will be a hatchback variant, maybe even HB only - I certainly hope not, though. And if the coupe is still offered, it may be the last time we see it, sadly.

Finally, I believe it could possibly be the last generation Si. Unfortunately, EV will be more prevelant by the end of that generation. Honda, and most car makers, will be producing nothing but electric appliances on wheels.

We are entering a new era, and I am not looking forward to it.
Sponsored

maggs_10thgen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe Old whips: 2005 RSX Type S, 2015 Civic Si Coupe, 1998 Integra GSR Green, 1998 Integra GSR Red
even when honda goes completely EV I imagine they'll have an Si version that has a more sporty suspension and power output

also based on quick speculation I don't see them bumping up power too much without either increasing cost or taking an mpg hit
How about a 1.8t with 230hp?
I've been thinking about this a lot recently. For the past 3 generations, the power hasn't really changed, although the handling has gotten better, that's for sure.

Any predictions on what the next gen Si will be like? I believe Honda will finally increase the power by a substantial amount (relative to previous increments) to maybe around 225 - 230 HP and similar torque numbers.

I also predict that there will be a hatchback variant, maybe even HB only - I certainly hope not, though. And if the coupe is still offered, it may be the last time we see it, sadly.

Finally, I believe it could possibly be the last generation Si. Unfortunately, EV will be more prevelant by the end of that generation. Honda, and most car makers, will be producing nothing but electric appliances on wheels.

We are entering a new era, and I am not looking forward to it.
Power has increased while the 1/4 mile hasn't. I do feel it has more pull on the hwy based on the butt dyno though. Soon as the boost starts to kick you can effortlessly get up and go or accelerate to make a lane change. With the exception of the k24.. The older vtecs didn't have this kind of tq.
I'd like to see them bump it up to a 1.6, 1.8 or 2.0 with at least 225-230hp. Which is around what I thought the 10th gen would have.

Last edited:

pdrumns

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI Coupe and 2019 Nissan Kicks
Maybe a hybrid power plant for increased power and fuel econ. Yes maybe the edition of a hatch, but It think they would keep the coupe as well.

SHAYN3R

First Name
SHAYNE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
1.5L motor, no VTEC, no turbo. That's my guess

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic EX-T coupe
Maybe a hybrid power plant for increased power and fuel econ. Yes maybe the edition of a hatch, but It think they would keep the coupe as well.
Agreed they probably will keep the coupe but only in the SI model but go with a dual clutch auto there’s a lot of people that want a coupe that’s affordable

Last edited:

pdrumns

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI Coupe and 2019 Nissan Kicks
Agreed they probably will keep the coupe but only in the SI model but go with a dual clutch auto there’s a lot of people that what a coupe that’s affordable
that would be a good change. They have the DCT they use in some Acuras. I think an SI auto is a logical option. A lot of people would consider getting the SI with an auto.

SI_honda_2k17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic si
I can be fun to try to guess but the reality is that nobody know what the next gen of SI will look like...

Just remember 2017 when nobody predicted that the 1.5T will be used in it

OP
OP
Honda_RacerX

Honda_RacerX

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
I can be fun to try to guess but the reality is that nobody know what the next gen of SI will look like...

Just remember 2017 when nobody predicted that the 1.5T will be used in it
So true. That really wasn't expected.

Aero2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TSX, 2010, 6MT
I've been thinking about this too, and in the U.S. some of it might depend on whether Acura introduces another ILX. If not, I could envision a slightly more luxurious Si variant, whether another trim level or an option package.

Otherwise, I think changes will be incremental. Maybe a little more power and efficiency, slightly better interior materials, less road noise, less weight, and perhaps smoother styling. I wouldn't be surprised if a DCT is offered. But the basic template will remain the same, with 1.5T, 6MT, sport seats, LSD, sedan configuration, etc.

Eventually it will be a hybrid or EV, but I don't expect that for the next Si generation.

rive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
It may be dark, but the Civic Si could be approaching its final iteration in the 11th generation. With the Type R on American shores, the outrageous demand for crossovers (due in part to dealer incompetence), and the push towards EVs, we might be looking at Honda running out of reasons to create a trim level that is sporty but decreasingly unique from the rest of the lineup. By the time they sort out what to make of it, it could be gone.

Here's hoping I'm wrong.
Sponsored