• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

What do you guys predict the 11th gen Si will be like?

Jessegovols

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda CRV, 2023 Civic Sport Touring (6MT)
There may not be a 2022 Si - the Sedan Owner's Manual (out today) makes no mention of the Si or any of it's unique features (LSD, fuel. etc). I'd conclude the Si won't make an appearance until the Spring of '22 at the earliest, as a '23 Model.
Read in Car and Driver I believe that it is "rumored" by reliable sources to be scheduled for a Oct Reveal. So certainly on sale prior to Christmas.
Sponsored

ElpacoSV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EJ6 ; Civic FK7G4
Well...you said no issues since 2005...not to mention the carbon buildup all DI engines have...

CCTA and CBFA mean 2008-2014. Thats some pretty old data to pull up. The EA888's are a ridiculously good motor, going on their 4th generation.

ElpacoSV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EJ6 ; Civic FK7G4
In reference to oil dilution. Reading is hard sometimes I guess.
I guess I was not clear enough...my mistake. Sure VW doesn't hAve dilution problems on it engines but they do have other issues that affect the overall reliability. Does it mean is a bad engine? No, nothing in this universe is perfect.

Is this better sir?

Hondabob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
CCTA and CBFA mean 2008-2014. Thats some pretty old data to pull up. The EA888's are a ridiculously good motor, going on their 4th generation.
Yup, the current gen EA888 and DSG and virtually bulletproof. I don’t really beat on my cars and I can afford the 400 dollar transmission flush every 40k. And the engine has some life to it. It’s hard to really get the Si into a place I like when I drive it

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Prelude Si
Yup, the current gen EA888 and DSG and virtually bulletproof. I don’t really beat on my cars and I can afford the 400 dollar transmission flush every 40k. And the engine has some life to it. It’s hard to really get the Si into a place I like when I drive it
I had a 2016 GTI DSG SE/PP/LP, my DSG had to be replaced at 20K miles. Had an internal bearing failure that made a howling noise in certain gears.

Ardie

First Name
Arden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Do we think it is possible that Si will run the Type R mechanicals for the Sedan and then we just get a Type R hatch?

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
Do we think it is possible that Si will run the Type R mechanicals for the Sedan and then we just get a Type R hatch?
No, the Si (sedan) will run the regular sedan mechanicals + new ECU tune, stiffer dampers & springs, LSD, and slightly thicker front & rear sway bars.

The CTR will have a wider track, a different engine, and different suspension components (beyond dampers & springs) from the regular sedan and hatchback.