• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

What do you guys predict the 11th gen Si will be like?

Jessegovols

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda CRV, 2023 Civic Sport Touring (6MT)
There is going to be a lot of competition when the new Si comes out. The all new 2022 GR Corolla 257HP Hatch which is using a 3 cylinder 1.6 Turbo, and all the other updated models.....GTI, Veloster N, 2022 Elantra N etc. I'm really hoping they step it up on this one.
Sponsored

se7encrows

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
There is going to be a lot of competition when the new Si comes out. The all new 2022 GR Corolla 257HP Hatch which is using a 3 cylinder 1.6 Turbo, and all the other updated models.....GTI, Veloster N, 2022 Elantra N etc. I'm really hoping they step it up on this one.
I’m really hoping for a hatchback Si. Outside of that, I’m sure they’ll keep the HP and torque specs similar to the 10th gen to keep the CTR their true top end model. I’m sure they don’t want to close that gap between the Si and CTR that much. Especially with the price difference.

Jessegovols

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda CRV, 2023 Civic Sport Touring (6MT)
This appeals to tuners but don't think it appeals to Honda - 1.5T is cheaper, lighter, better mpg. The same decision making that put the 1.5T in the 10th gen will put it in 11th gen. The Si has been a hot seller, so there's no incentive to go to the 2.0T.
I think that would be fine if they could tune out the rev hang and just tune it a bit more for performance for which we all know it is fully capable of. 20 extra HP / Torque should be easily doable.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
None of those are direct Si competition, they're all $33k or so.

I think Honda will stay in the $27k range with the 1.5T, maybe boosted to 215 hp. No way they'll try to compete in the +$30k range with the Si.

ElpacoSV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EJ6 ; Civic FK7G4
None of those are direct Si competition, they're all $33k or so.

I think Honda will stay in the $27k range with the 1.5T, maybe boosted to 215 hp. No way they'll try to compete in the +$30k range with the Si.
Totally agree! The +33k is cover by the Type R. People want everything and not pay to play...

Traction

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Civic Si
I currently have the 2014 Si... great car. Would love an Si Hatch. Waiting for the 2022 Si to be available. I love that it's still manual.... the engine? Who knows. More power would be nice- 220 to 230 hp. Another wish list item is if they could de-tune the 2.0T Type R engine like they did for the Accord. The Accord engine can use regular gas... having an Si without the Premium gas would be sweet!!!

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
I currently have the 2014 Si... great car. ...The Accord engine can use regular gas... having an Si without the Premium gas would be sweet!!!
We have a '12 Si and have only used 2 tanks of Premium. Couldn't tell a difference in daily driving so the other 297 tank-fills have been 87.

Last edited:

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
We have a '12 Si and have only used 2 tanks of Premium. Couldn't tell a difference in daily driving so the other 297 tank-fills have been 87.
I tried 87 in my Sport hatch and it really cut down on the responsiveness, just made the car feel a bit sluggish. Haven't tried it in the Si.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
I tried 87 in my Sport hatch and it really cut down on the responsiveness, just made the car feel a bit sluggish. Haven't tried it in the Si.

I tried 93 once or twice. Couldn't tell a difference. 87 is fine for the sport hatch. Anything more is wasting money. I ran 0-60 tests....identical. MPG...identical. Save your hard earned cash!

se7encrows

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
I tried 93 once or twice. Couldn't tell a difference. 87 is fine for the sport hatch. Anything more is wasting money. I ran 0-60 tests....identical. MPG...identical. Save your hard earned cash!
87 is perfectly fine unless you’re tuned and it calls for it. There isn’t a benefit otherwise.

SWIMS

First Name
EDD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
I've been thinking about this a lot recently. For the past 3 generations, the power hasn't really changed, although the handling has gotten better, that's for sure.

Any predictions on what the next gen Si will be like? I believe Honda will finally increase the power by a substantial amount (relative to previous increments) to maybe around 225 - 230 HP and similar torque numbers.

I also predict that there will be a hatchback variant, maybe even HB only - I certainly hope not, though. And if the coupe is still offered, it may be the last time we see it, sadly.

Finally, I believe it could possibly be the last generation Si. Unfortunately, EV will be more prevelant by the end of that generation. Honda, and most car makers, will be producing nothing but electric appliances on wheels.

We are entering a new era, and I am not looking forward to it.
It’s carryover engines, don’t expect a power jump

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
I believe it, didn’t feel quicker and mpg is hard to judge cause it seemed to vary with gas vendor, but the responsiveness was lacking. Definitely worth it to me.
Sponsored