• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Will there be 11th Gen MTs?

Will there be 11th Gen MTs?

• Yes

Votes: 117 78.5%
  • No

Votes: 7 4.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 13 8.7%
  • I don't care

Votes: 12 8.1%

• Total voters

1981CBX

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Touring Coupe (owned) 2018 Accord base model (leased) 1981 Honda CBX motorcycle
When Honda released the Accord with a 6MT for the 10th gen, they touted themselves as "Saving the Manuals" I expect they will keep it for another generation at least. I kind of hope they go to a DSG for the autos though.
I spent 7 years maintaining and driving a 2010 VW TDI with the DSG transmission. That transmission was a lot of fun to drive, smooth as silk. But, with that, there was the 40K service, 800 bucks at the dealership, not so much at home if one had the VAGCOM interface. I've not liked the CVT transmission on Toyota Corollas, it was very moany and non-inspiring. I have to say the CVT in my Civic touring Coupe (tuned) and my leased Accord (daily driver) are very much on top of their game.
Sponsored

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2004 Acura TSX
I spent 7 years maintaining and driving a 2010 VW TDI with the DSG transmission. That transmission was a lot of fun to drive, smooth as silk. But, with that, there was the 40K service, 800 bucks at the dealership, not so much at home if one had the VAGCOM interface. I've not liked the CVT transmission on Toyota Corollas, it was very moany and non-inspiring. I have to say the CVT in my Civic touring Coupe (tuned) and my leased Accord (daily driver) are very much on top of their game.
No doubt honda has made the best CVT on the market right now and its handling decent amount of power. I enjoy mine tuned for what it is. I'd love to be able to get more power though which was why my personal hope was a DSG, we leave so much power on the table with the cvt is all

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2004 Acura TSX

1981CBX

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Touring Coupe (owned) 2018 Accord base model (leased) 1981 Honda CBX motorcycle
No doubt honda has made the best CVT on the market right now and its handling decent amount of power. I enjoy mine tuned for what it is. I'd love to be able to get more power though which was why my personal hope was a DSG, we leave so much power on the table with the cvt is all
Towing, the DSG transmission could tow quite a load. For the Jetta, the US Volkswagen does not issue specs, you have to go to the European Volkswagen to get the towing specs.

OP
OP

Axatax

Threads
Reaction score
In Malkuth, surrounded by evil, low on gas.
Vehicle(s)
2K Civic DX Coupe B18C5 (swap), 2017 Civic LX Coupe 6MT
Towing, the DSG transmission could tow quite a load. For the Jetta, the US Volkswagen does not issue specs, you have to go to the European Volkswagen to get the towing specs.
There's def. something funny going on here. I think in Canada they rate these cars to tow around 2000 lbs. The difference in the cars are something like the windshield material and options.

What's important IMHO is what your insurance company is comfortable with. My hitch is rated to tow 2000 GVWR and 200 tongue weight. They were fine with that. Honda probably isn't -- but Honda can't get me into some type of life-ending lawsuit if I bust my transmission.

BogdanM

First Name
Bogdan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Plus 1.5 MT
And sadly, the fact that the civic is not selling well in europe, which is the only market where manuals are still popular, doesn't help.
Not really, most of the cars sold in the last few years in Europe are automatic. People give you weird looks when you tell them that in 2018 you are buying an MT car.

novadrive

"Without racing there is no Honda" Should tell you all you need to know.
Sponsored