• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

What do you guys predict the 11th gen Si will be like?

se7encrows

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
It’s nothing more but a tune, Hondata will get you further on stock everything
I’m aware it’s just a tweaked tune on the same engine as the 10th gen. I’ll be tuning it as well if the Si ends up being a hatchback.

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
I tried 87 in my Sport hatch and it really cut down on the responsiveness, just made the car feel a bit sluggish. Haven't tried it in the Si.
Also might be the difference between 2.4 NA and 1.5 turbo - something for me to be aware of when we start looking at the '22s (Si or CTR).

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Honda better do something if they don't want to be the slowest in the category. The new GTI Clubsport is getting 296 hp. And the base GTI will be 241.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
Honda better do something if they don't want to be the slowest in the category. The new GTI Clubsport is getting 296 hp. And the base GTI will be 241.
Didn't seem to hurt them for 10th gen. I think many Si buyers won't consider a GTI cause of the maintenance concerns and high depreciation. And now that the $7k discounts seem to be gone, maybe for good, the GTI is quite a bit more expensive.

I personally wouldn't get an 8th gen GTI until they have a few years to work out the inevitable software bugs.

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Didn't seem to hurt them for 10th gen. I think many Si buyers won't consider a GTI cause of the maintenance concerns and high depreciation. And now that the $7k discounts seem to be gone, maybe for good, the GTI is quite a bit more expensive.

I personally wouldn't get an 8th gen GTI until they have a few years to work out the inevitable software bugs.
Base GTI is expected to come in at like $30k. Or about the same as a 2017 Sport Touring was new. And I see WAY more mk7 GTI's than I do 10th gen Si's.

The only costly maintenance concerns are the DSG service, and its easily DIY'd, or bypassed by buying a 6MT.

Software bugs... Like an ECU reflash for oil dilution? Which VW hasn't had an issue with since making DI cars since 2005.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
Base GTI is expected to come in at like $30k. Or about the same as a 2017 Sport Touring was new. And I see WAY more mk7 GTI's than I do 10th gen Si's.

The only costly maintenance concerns are the DSG service, and its easily DIY'd, or bypassed by buying a 6MT.

Software bugs... Like an ECU reflash for oil dilution? Which VW hasn't had an issue with since making DI cars since 2005.
The mk8 is a big step up in computer complexity vs mk7, with things like over the air updates, and it was already delayed at launch due to software glitches. I'd give it a year or two personally.

Honda doesn't have to worry about the reality of GTI reliability only the perception. Plenty of people won't touch a GTI, even if it's probably more reliable than a Civic - certainly couldn't have been worse than my first model year Sport hatch. I had to check it for an Alfa badge.

I do see a lot of GTIs, but then with $7-8k discounts and no real hatch competition you're gonna sell a lot. As I've mentioned a lot, Honda needs automatic Si's and Type Rs if they really want to sell a lot of them, but that doesn't seem to be a priority.

The 10th gen Si sold me cause it was more fun than the GTI, which is just too refined that it's a bit boring. But with the 11th gen getting even bigger, and VW focusing on fun to drive (the R is reportedly way more fun this gen), we'll see what happens.

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
There may not be a 2022 Si - the Sedan Owner's Manual (out today) makes no mention of the Si or any of it's unique features (LSD, fuel. etc). I'd conclude the Si won't make an appearance until the Spring of '22 at the earliest, as a '23 Model.

Hondabob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
The mk8 is a big step up in computer complexity vs mk7, with things like over the air updates, and it was already delayed at launch due to software glitches. I'd give it a year or two personally.

Honda doesn't have to worry about the reality of GTI reliability only the perception. Plenty of people won't touch a GTI, even if it's probably more reliable than a Civic - certainly couldn't have been worse than my first model year Sport hatch. I had to check it for an Alfa badge.

I do see a lot of GTIs, but then with $7-8k discounts and no real hatch competition you're gonna sell a lot. As I've mentioned a lot, Honda needs automatic Si's and Type Rs if they really want to sell a lot of them, but that doesn't seem to be a priority.

The 10th gen Si sold me cause it was more fun than the GTI, which is just too refined that it's a bit boring. But with the 11th gen getting even bigger, and VW focusing on fun to drive (the R is reportedly way more fun this gen), we'll see what happens.
Well I’m a 10th gen Si owner that’s 100% going to a 22 GTI now that both cars are revealed.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
Well I’m a 10th gen Si owner that’s 100% going to a 22 GTI now that both cars are revealed.
I probably won’t buy another sedan. So either Si hatch if it exists or Type R, or if they aren’t as good to drive as 10 gen then I’ll look at a Golf R - it’s worth it over the GTI to avoid the 5 dot fog lights, those are heinous.

ElpacoSV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EJ6 ; Civic FK7G4