• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Hey guys, I'm new here. Considering a Civic Si....

cperrin

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mountain Bike
So...coming from a 2018 VW GTI, I am interested in a 22-24 Civic Si.
BUT a few things:

1. Dealer markup is like $4-5k.
2. The dealer wouldn't even let me test drive it, so...not really sure if I even like it?!

what do you guys like, love, don't like about your Si's?
I don't plan on modifying it. Going to be driving a lot and wanted a fun car.
Any complaints about the seats being stiff?

thanks!
Sponsored

Fanatic

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Civic Type R and many more...
Try not to pay an ADM (additional dealer mark up). Keep shopping. Negotiate numbers and ask to take a test drive before finalizing deal. You can also try to test drive a pre-owned Civic Si...

Good luck.

OP
OP

cperrin

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mountain Bike
Try not to pay an ADM (additional dealer mark up). Keep shopping. Negotiate numbers and ask to take a test drive before finalizing deal. You can also try to test drive a pre-owned Civic Si...

Good luck.
Thanks - they offered my a lot for my trade in to offset the markup. But we are still off by a couple thousand. I just don't know if I even like the car yet since I haven't driven it. What do you guys like / not like about your Si?

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
That's ridiculous. It's an Si not a Type R. I'm surprised dealers are still asking for ADM on new vehicles with how interest rates are and banks are not loaning like they used to. Shop around, even out of state if you have to.

Chilly613

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FL1 Civic Sport Touring 6MT
Build Thread
Link
Keep shopping around, dont pay markup, even if they are offering a decent amount for trade in. Its hard to do because its right there, but the overcharge and then the additional markup for any "mandatory dealer accessories" is crap. You can find a dealer that will sell at MSRP or at least willing to negotiate if you come with proof of other dealers selling at MSRP.

I dont think you can go wrong. The new Civics are pretty great. I've only test drove the Si before buying a Sport Touring, but the seats are bolstered enough to keep you in the seat, but very comfortable. It'll be a good daily car, and its peppy enough for fun driving.

rui

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG6, AP1, FL5
BUT a few things:

2. The dealer wouldn't even let me test drive it, so...not really sure if I even like it?!

thanks!
The Integra can be found for MSRP, severely reducing the price difference between it and the Si. I encourage you to go test drive one. There are plenty out there.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
I can understand dealerships not wanting to put test drive mileage on an Si because they are rather limited, though not to the same extent as a Type R. But if you’re serious and negotiating, they should let you test drive it. It’s apparent that you’re not simply tire kicking.

OP
OP

cperrin

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mountain Bike
The Integra can be found for MSRP, severely reducing the price difference between it and the Si. I encourage you to go test drive one. There are plenty out there.
I can get a '23 Integra with 7k miles for less than a new '24 Si. I'll try and drive one of those

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
I can get a '23 Integra with 7k miles for less than a new '24 Si. I'll try and drive one of those
Don't bother with the CVT Integra, but if it has the manual transmission, I'd go with the Integra. Especially if it's Certified Used.

The Si is great at MSRP, but the Integra has many nice additional features over the Si (hatchback, adaptive dampers, heads up display, ELS audio, foglights, heated seats, cushier leatherette interior, etc), so if you can get that for a little less... smart move.

Signed,
Former '23 Integra and '24 Integra Type-S Owner

rob495

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2012 Ariel Atom
Don’t pay ADMIN! Hold out for MSRP. I’ve driven the Si extensively, my son had one. It’s a great car that gets EXCELLENT Mpg, handles well, fantastic shifter, and has tons of space. The only real negative was the rev hang and lack luster acceleration (compared to its competitors). The car market is slowing down, the sky high interest rates and the fear of a recession will drive car prices lower next year. Explore looking out of state for an Si. Good luck and keep us updated on your progress.

heavyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F87
I can't imagine paying over MSRP for one of these cars. It's a decent car and all but the performance is limited and the interior build quality is terrible. Sure the layout and materials look nice but I have spent most of my ownership chasing rattles. The seats make noises, the seat belts make noise, the dash makes noises everywhere. I thought Subaru's were rattle traps but as a middle aged person driving cars since the early 90's, this is by far the noisest interior I have ever owned and I have owned nearly every brand over the decades. My old EVO's and STI's were like Bentley's inside compared to this car.

nttran98

First Name
Nhan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Hatchback EX-L
BUT a few things:

thanks!
This dealer is part of Group1Automotive, and They only do dealer accessories of <$2000 (typically i have seen). Its a bit of a drive but generally i have had good experience of this network of dealers
www.hondaboardwalk.com

MYK20C1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 type R SGP; 2018 Clarity Touring
BUT a few things:

thanks!
Find another dealer!
Get the Integra. Elantra N is ugly
Find another dealer! Like they said - it’s not a type R!
Sponsored