• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

OH Boy, Here We Gooooo....

OP
OP
CaryH

CaryH

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 touring 2.0T, 2005 Toyota 4runner SR5, 2012 c
I know, but I will be happy when the ECU is in my hand.

Brittania

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Toyota Camry, 2024 FL5
Don't wanna hijack the thread but is it possible to use the stock ITS tune?

Brittania

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any specific reason for wanting the ITS map?
I've seen a few people say that the ITS has noticeably better midrange power. I'd definitely like to do some engine tuning down the road but have no experience with it. I promised myself that I'd keep the car stock until it's paid off, but in 2-3 years, I'd definitely like to talk to you about the process and options.

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
I've seen a few people say that the ITS has noticeably better midrange power. I'd definitely like to do some engine tuning down the road but have no experience with it. I promised myself that I'd keep the car stock until it's paid off, but in 2-3 years, I'd definitely like to talk to you about the process and options.
Well you could just run the base Hondata map and it should give you enough power to hold you off. It makes quite more than the ITS while still being safe enough to run.

Brittania

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well you could just run the base Hondata map and it should give you enough power to hold you off. It makes quite more than the ITS while still being safe enough to run.
Yeah I'm sure if I keep it stock for 2-3 years I'll be ready for a much more significant boost in power. I originally wanted an ITS so I'm just kinda curious if it feels any different.

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
Yeah I'm sure if I keep it stock for 2-3 years I'll be ready for a much more significant boost in power. I originally wanted an ITS so I'm just kinda curious if it feels any different.
It will be minimal

Zone47

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic type R, MK7 GTI, Toyota 4x4
It makes me nervous with depending on the US mail to not lose my ECU. I wonder if there will eventually be a way where the flash can jail break the unit in place and all in one shot (much like Unitronic does for the GTI and R Vdubs)?

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
The power bump on the ITS is noticeable but not enough to warrant wanting the same or similar ECU calibration on your FL5. It wouldn't be worth the time or effort. Once you jailbreak and subsequently reflash the ECU it's no longer stock. In other words, if you're going to have the car tuned, then tune the car properly. A slight power bump or a sizeable one doesn't make the ECU any "more" or "less" stock.

It makes me nervous with depending on the US mail to not lose my ECU. I wonder if there will eventually be a way where the flash can jail break the unit in place and all in one shot (much like Unitronic does for the GTI and R Vdubs)?
If it makes you nervous I suggest not doing it. As for a remote jailbreak option, I wouldn't count on that.

Brittania

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The power bump on the ITS is noticeable but not enough to warrant wanting the same or similar ECU calibration on your FL5. It wouldn't be worth the time or effort. Once you jailbreak and subsequently reflash the ECU it's no longer stock. In other words, if you're going to have the car tuned, then tune the car properly. A slight power bump or a sizeable one doesn't make the ECU any "more" or "less" stock.
Yep I get that. I'm not worried about not being stock anymore, the only reason I'm waiting 2-3 years for mods is because I want the car paid off before I start putting additional money into it. I will never sell this car so I dont care about resale value. I've got a $12000 wish list that keeps growing.
Sponsored