• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Hey guys, I'm new here. Considering a Civic Si....

katch922

First Name
Raf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 CTR
Is the new Subaru wrx in the same price range? I’d probably get that over si personally, or the EN. The new EN isn’t ugly imo, and if you get it in grey it really doesn’t stand out as much.

I get it though, you’re bored of the old gti, which is also a good car to consider new, but I dont really see a switch from gti to si an upgrade so you might just be bored of the si within a month. Getting something like an EN or WRX might keep you happier for a bit longer. And the potential for mods is pretty large and fun to do, but I guess that is also somewhat true for the SI.
Sponsored

McFarticus

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si
In case any other prospective buyers are reading this:

I love the car and the way it drives. It's no WRX, but the WRX doesn't get 40mpg highway. The Si is fun, and it's economical....aside from the fact that premium is ideal. Seriously, no less than premium.

I'm still sore that they deleted the heated seats and the fog lights. Those heated seats were great on my lower back on longer drives. I wasn't too big on the dual zone climate control, but we did gain an actual premium sound system, wireless connection for AA and ACP, and the Honda sense system, which is pretty nice.

My only real gripe is the tires. The Goodyear eagle sport tires are a complete joke. Sure, you can manage 80k miles on a set if you drive conservatively, and the cornering is great, but they're not that quiet, you have no traction from a dead stop, and you'll hydroplane at 60 MPH. The replacements are $210 each.

If you're going to purchase anything, I'd start with the tires. I'd suggest burning out the old tires and have some fun with the car. Get a better set after you've had your fun. People have had much to say on the Michelin Pilots and the Continental Extreme Contact tires. I almost went with the Conti's but I found the Hankook Ventus S1 Noble2 on clearance. I had them on my 2017 Si and they were much better than the Eagle Sport tires.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
In case any other prospective buyers are reading this:

I love the car and the way it drives. It's no WRX, but the WRX doesn't get 40mpg highway. The Si is fun, and it's economical....aside from the fact that premium is ideal. Seriously, no less than premium.

I'm still sore that they deleted the heated seats and the fog lights. Those heated seats were great on my lower back on longer drives. I wasn't too big on the dual zone climate control, but we did gain an actual premium sound system, wireless connection for AA and ACP, and the Honda sense system, which is pretty nice.

My only real gripe is the tires. The Goodyear eagle sport tires are a complete joke. Sure, you can manage 80k miles on a set if you drive conservatively, and the cornering is great, but they're not that quiet, you have no traction from a dead stop, and you'll hydroplane at 60 MPH. The replacements are $210 each.

If you're going to purchase anything, I'd start with the tires. I'd suggest burning out the old tires and have some fun with the car. Get a better set after you've had your fun. People have had much to say on the Michelin Pilots and the Continental Extreme Contact tires. I almost went with the Conti's but I found the Hankook Ventus S1 Noble2 on clearance. I had them on my 2017 Si and they were much better than the Eagle Sport tires.
If a car comes with crap tires (usually the case) I'll usually remove them immediately so you can sell them almost brand new. Even if you get half the new price it's worth it to not drive on crappy tires for 3-4 years.
Sponsored