• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

What do you guys predict the 11th gen Si will be like?

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey EX-L '18 Civic SI Sedan '94 300zx twin turbo 2001 Ford F-150 Sport
I think that Honda itself is pushing towards cleaner vehicles, regardless of what the EPA does. They are one of the 4 automakers who signed that pact with CARB after all to reduce emissions and make more fuel efficient cars / electric vehicles.

That said, I think the K20C4 is a good and healthy amount of power for an Si.
It’d be a tuner’s dream and despite the noise about increased cost... I actually don’t think it’d change the cost of the Si much at all. I bet if you were buy one new long block vs the other from Honda, their cost would be about the same. This and that would be different. The car would crack 3000 lbs I’d bet... but it’d have worlds more power and, when tuned could keep up with the tunes on the competition. Right now, to me, the biggest allure VW has is a car with a turbo around the size of a TD04 on a 2L engine. APR tunes exceed 300 whp on gasoline. Hyundai is always going to play the long warranty with a low price card... but they're trying to play the horsepower game, even if their cars don't generally perform as their numbers would imply they should, and with far less efficiency.

Ehhh... We can agree to disagree on this. I am no superfan of the lobster claws but even after the refresh on the Gen9, no. Just never liked them. The best looking Gen9 is the refreshed coupe but not sure if that could ever translate to the other side of the design shift in the GenX. I think the GenX will look very good for a long time. It will NOT be a Gen8 in that respect (Sorry Gen8ers, your cars are FUGLY).
Naw… that's fine. If you look at reviewers... it is one of the more maligned aesthetic aspects of the car and it's probably 94.8% the vents. The 9th gen's rear being better is my opinion and is, also he only angle I think our car looks... well... not as good as it could. I just prefer the cleaner, non-vented lines and I actually like the lights better. Ours have grown on me... but... eh... I don't know. We'll have to see how ours holds up when gen 11 is out. To me... the more faddish designs... and fake-vents-galore feels faddish to me, don't age well. Clean designs do... again... to me.
Sponsored

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV Touring, 2022 Civic Touring Sedan
To me... the more faddish designs... and fake-vents-galore feels faddish to me, don't age well. Clean designs do... again... to me.
If we extend the complaint to the fake vents then you had me at hello :p That crap has got to go. No idea with what but either be REAL or be gone.

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
As soon as you start increasing the engine size, fuel mileage is going to suffer. One of my decisions to go w/ the Si vs the Elantra Sport was due to the way better fuel mileage. The GTI is even worse, only getting 31 highway. To me it's one of the key differentiators. The Si with a base tune is plenty quick for me as a daily driver. It's agility will also suffer if you go and throw a larger engine up front on a car that is already quite front heavy.

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
17 HBS, 18 SI, 18 CTR, 14 Ridgeline
Not sure, But I'll be sure to get one first day and probably take it apart very quickly, you know, for science.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
It’d be a tuner’s dream and despite the noise about increased cost... I actually don’t think it’d change the cost of the Si much at all. I bet if you were buy one new long block vs the other from Honda, their cost would be about the same. This and that would be different.
If you add significant power or larger engine you have to add more brakes, more cooling etc, it's not like you can just drop in a bigger engine, there's a lot of higher associated costs.

Honda could certainly do this if they want to move the Si up the price scale, like make it a $30k car instead of $26k. But I doubt they do. I think it saves them a ton of money if the Si has basically the same engine as the regular Civic, that's why they disappointed some with the 1.5T.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
They want to make more profit, not necessarily sell more cars. It seems to me like Honda doesn't want to spend too much money on the Si - the development all went into the Civic, and the Si got low cost upgrades to keep it cheap and fun. I don't see it having a 2.0T while the rest of the lineup is 1.5T, that doesn't seem to be their philosophy, and it will NOT make them more profit.

Syntek

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
I promised myself I'd keep my current Si for the long haul. But I'll trade my shit in so god damn quick if there's an Si hatch.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey EX-L '18 Civic SI Sedan '94 300zx twin turbo 2001 Ford F-150 Sport
As soon as you start increasing the engine size, fuel mileage is going to suffer. One of my decisions to go w/ the Si vs the Elantra Sport was due to the way better fuel mileage. The GTI is even worse, only getting 31 highway. To me it's one of the key differentiators. The Si with a base tune is plenty quick for me as a daily driver. It's agility will also suffer if you go and throw a larger engine up front on a car that is already quite front heavy.
Yeah... it would be a step back. 6 speed Accord 2.0Ts are 22/32.
Ours our 29/37... but around going down to what... 28/36 or 27/35 in '20 with the ratio changes?

Stick a K20C4 in a slightly lighter car and if... for the love of god... they'd raise 6th a little higher, they'd probably be within a mpg or 2 of the 10.5 Sis would be.

I'm actually pro-light hybrid... if they could give us ~50 ft-lbs of lag-hiding instant torque, 10 more whp, for under 100 lbs added... (which GM already does as a $500 option)… I think it'd be pretty sweet. The good boost in city fuel economy is just an added bonus. But... that's me.

ivanilas

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 10g Sport Plus, White
1L turbo vtec 210Hp and 5lt/Km consumption :)

Torino_85

Hector & Christine
First Name
Christine&Hec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic lx
Bring back the B16b (redesigned of course)
Put a turbo, and keep the VTEC.
217hp, 213tq
28/36 mpg, 13 gallon fuel tank, on a hatchback.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430

- Here is hoping the next gen SI can get a bit more power and torque - don't need that much more, but I would give up 2 or 3 mpg for another 25-30 hp and lb-ft of torque.
2.0 L not needed, a 1.8 would work quite well. Or a 1.6 L with a different map. I would have already flashed my SI if I didn't have warranty and reliability concerns.

Still, it has no problem passing safely or merging now. Maybe have 2nd gear able to hit 62 mph ( for better 0-60 times and 0-100 kph times). And do something
about the rev hang.

-Slightly better clutch take up feel. More robust shift linkage, and a shift knob that doesn't
scald you, but overall it is great already.

- Fix gas / brake pedal spacing for better heel/toe. Maybe a better sounding exhaust.

-The chassis is already quite sensational. I would make Michelin Pilot 4S tires standard, or a have them as the summer tire option. Possibly see if the suspension
setup on the Type R could trickle down some more....

-Replace all ac/heat and entertainment screens with knobs and toggle switches. Yeah, that's going to happen.

-Add cooled seats, not just heated. Really appreciated in AZ.

-Speaking of seats, offer a leather option. And better padding / lumbar. The shape is excellent, no issues unless I am driving more than
an hour or so. But five hours form Palm Springs to Phoenix let me know there is room for improvement.

-Scissor doors. What every economy car needs. helps with tight parking spaces. Sure, that's why I want them. Okay, kidding. Sort of.

-Auto folding side mirrors.

So can any or all of the above be done without making the SI too pricey, too heavy, less efficient, or less reliable? I think so. Okay,
not the scissor doors. My plan is that Honda looks at the list and says, yeah we can do all that but the scissor doors idea is a nonstarter.
I can live with that.

Meanwhile, I am enjoying a rare true manual compact sport sedan while watching the orcs, I mean crossovers and SUV's, flood the automotive landscape
and E.V.'s, self-driving cars, and other killjoys mass at the gates.
We voted with our car buying dollars. Keep the faith!

jokacz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Mini Cooper S, 19 SI Coupe
I don't think there will be an 11 gen coupe. They stumbled so badly with the 9th gen and were so successful with the 10th, I only see evolutionary changes. I wonder if they'll make an Acura based on the 10th gen.

se7encrows

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Oh. One more thing. It’d be nice to have the rev match system the CTR has. With the Corolla hatchback having rev match, this seems like an easy implementation.

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Odyssey EX-L
Oh. One more thing. It’d be nice to have the rev match system the CTR has. With the Corolla hatchback having rev match, this seems like an easy implementation.
I've gotten decent at heel toe now on my Si with the acuity pedal spacer but sometimes I still bungle it by over revving. Having the rev match when you want it would be very nice.
Sponsored