• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

omar0123

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
if the front of the type r is going to be like that of the 11 civic , it is in no way better looking than the curent type r , type r is supposed to be the way it is in the curent model got to wait and see what honda has in mind
Sponsored

Riko

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.0L Turbo, CVT, Elegance trim
Last edited:

omar0123

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
If its not all wheel drive with 350hp out the box ill stay with my fk8 a bigger type r looking like a accord is a no go , hope thats doesn’t happen

MoTeC R

Slow For Show
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2018 Sentra SR Turbo, 2013 GT-R Black Edition, 2009 Nismo 370Z
Glad I got the last Gen out of Swindon. The forehead under the hood is awful. I’d expect power to come in around 350/350 due to likely increased weight.

Other than the huge forehead on the car the interior is so uninspired as well.

Hopefully the final product looks better than the renderings.

Attachments

Riko

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Glad I got the last Gen out of Swindon. The forehead under the hood is awful. I’d expect power to come in around 350/350 due to likely increased weight.

Other than the huge forehead on the car the interior is so uninspired as well.

Hopefully the final product looks better than the renderings.
Dont worry so much, like you said, its just a rendering, makes no sense to panic over 1 rendering.

If the rendering is a preview of what will become, it has the basics of the new Mazda interiors.
And if Honda even come close to those Mazda interiors in terms of look, feel and lay out, than it will be the best interior Honda will ever have put into their cars.

So, sit it out and chill.

Last edited:

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
If the rendering is a preview of what will become, it has the basics of the new Mazda interiors.
And if Honda even come close to those Mazda interiors in terms of look, feel and lay out, than its will be the best interior Honda will ever have put into their cars.
Agree. I actually feel like the interior render (and the 3D patent renderings basically confirming it) that the interior of the new civic is going to be a high point for the new civic (I'm still waiting to be totally sold on the exterior). If honda does this more simplified and streamlined interior and packs it full of quality materials that look and feel nice, it'll really compete with the likes of the mazda3 and new sentra that have probably the best interiors in the compact class.

Honda knows to stay top of class they have a wide range of competition to benchmark. Interiors like the 3 and sentra. New comers to the performance arena like the Elantra/Forte, etc. There's little doubt in my mind, subjective things like styling aside, that the new civic will work to one up the compact class with its performance, available tech/features, and overall quality. In the world of slumping sedan sales, it doesn't do honda any good to slack off and not aim for top of the class, and thusly, most sales.

Riko

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Indeed.
From what I see based on pictures (because we dont have it here in Europe), the gap isnt huge between an improved more quality interior for the Civic and what hey have currently in the Accord.

But those Mazda's are def upscale.
Even the Korean brands are upscale and much more nicer than what you find in Honda's.

MoTeC R

Slow For Show
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2018 Sentra SR Turbo, 2013 GT-R Black Edition, 2009 Nismo 370Z
I’m not worried about it, just stating that it doesn’t look like a Type R to me. Not knocking it for those that prefer a tame look. The downside is it’s made in the states not from the plant that made them for 25 years in Swindon. Hence why I think the Gen X is soaring for more than they sold for with low miles since it’s the last and only one imported. It will be interesting to see if the ADM hype hits the new ones since availability should be more with it’s stateside release as I’ve seen 2018s for 40k and many blogs and videos about people questing for the 2021 and how difficult it is now new or used.

AlsoI read the 2022 Type R may not hit until early 2022.

ManualOnly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
The downside is it’s made in the states not from the plant that made them for 25 years in Swindon. Hence why I think the Gen X is soaring for more than they sold for with low miles since it’s the last and only one imported.
Are you talking about Swindon Canada or Swindon UK?
Sponsored