• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Viet_Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Civic EM1
Better looking rear here than previous leak. Official reveal must be coming real soon. I'm looking forward to the hatchback personally.

OP
OP
TigerEyeJazz

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X2 M35i
Better looking rear here than previous leak. Official reveal must be coming real soon. I'm looking forward to the hatchback personally.
I too am looking more forward to the Civic Hatchback. Now that we have officially US spec photos I believe we could be seeing the reveal happening within a week or two.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
The overall look has grown on me, like others the hatchback is what I'm more excited for... however those sedan taillights are just absolutely atrocious. They're so big... and just.... low rent looking. Honda could've at least tried to do a slimmer profile light housing. If they'd just switch over to full LED turn signals and reverse lights on the back they could do a much lower profile light graphic, something like acura has done or something... or just copy the hatchback rear lights.... those don't seem to be nearly as bad.

Saywhaat04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
No sunroofs, no rear badging? Lx models? Not bad for base trims. The interior must be GOLD because nit obe spy shot has shown off the interior.

OP
OP
TigerEyeJazz

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X2 M35i
The overall look has grown on me, like others the hatchback is what I'm more excited for... however those sedan taillights are just absolutely atrocious. They're so big... and just.... low rent looking. Honda could've at least tried to do a slimmer profile light housing. If they'd just switch over to full LED turn signals and reverse lights on the back they could do a much lower profile light graphic, something like acura has done or something... or just copy the hatchback rear lights.... those don't seem to be nearly as bad.
Yeah not a fan of the taillights on the Sedan. Personally I like hatchback styles more and that’s why I’m looking forward to the hatch more. Also another thing is that like I’ve mentioned in the past, Acura is supposedly using the Civic Hatchback chassis as it’s the more sport oriented of the two. So of course I’m excited more so for the Acura.

As for the taillights, reason why they aren’t going full LED is because there are hardly any other brand that has full LED. Only model in the same segment is the Mazda 3. LED’s are fare better for visibility which is why I personally like seeing them on basically every car.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah not a fan of the taillights on the Sedan. Personally I like hatchback styles more and that’s why I’m looking forward to the hatch more. Also another thing is that like I’ve mentioned in the past, Acura is supposedly using the Civic Hatchback chassis as it’s the more sport oriented of the two. So of course I’m excited more so for the Acura.
I'm also looking forward to seeing what acura does with the ILX replacement. If it remains affordable and they get the styling/performance on point, I may go that direction. I LOVE the look of the TLX in person, if they can create a smaller version of that that stays around $30k, I'll be more inclined to go that route. For me it's either keep my 10th gen coupe for a while, go for an 11th gen hatchback (if they make an auto Si) or the ILX replacement. So it'll be an interesting year seeing how things all shape up.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No sunroofs, no rear badging? Lx models? Not bad for base trims. The interior must be GOLD because nit obe spy shot has shown off the interior.
I actually think these might be EX trims... the wheels that look to be around 17-18 inches, fog lights... but the biggest notice is the dual exhaust... that means turbo. It's possible they took the sunroof off the EX or we just can't see it in the pictures (they could have the glass covered in a white protective film for transporting). The dual exhaust is the biggest give away that this is above the LX or Sport trims.

I also agree about the interior... I'm most excited to see how it turns out, and we've so far seen almost zero of it, except for the honda sketch and the infotainment screen peeking up in a couple spy shots.

Saywhaat04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
I actually think these might be EX trims... the wheels that look to be around 17-18 inches, fog lights... but the biggest notice is the dual exhaust... that means turbo. It's possible they took the sunroof off the EX or we just can't see it in the pictures (they could have the glass covered in a white protective film for transporting). The dual exhaust is the biggest give away that this is above the LX or Sport trims.

I also agree about the interior... I'm most excited to see how it turns out, and we've so far seen almost zero of it, except for the honda sketch and the infotainment screen peeking up in a couple spy shots.
You are right about that! It would be strange if they dropped the EX-L and took the sunroof from the EX. Its definitely not the Sport...so it probably is the EX. It definitely has fog lights too and the dual exhausts. ON some forum I read that the CIvic has a panoroof in other markets for the 11th gen..perhaps that white part is covering the pano roof?

I just want to see the SI/Type R and Hatchback. The sedan is not my cup of tea cause if i can't get it with a manual I dont want it lol

OP
OP
TigerEyeJazz

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X2 M35i
I'm also looking forward to seeing what acura does with the ILX replacement. If it remains affordable and they get the styling/performance on point, I may go that direction. I LOVE the look of the TLX in person, if they can create a smaller version of that that stays around $30k, I'll be more inclined to go that route. For me it's either keep my 10th gen coupe for a while, go for an 11th gen hatchback (if they make an auto Si) or the ILX replacement. So it'll be an interesting year seeing how things all shape up.
Agreed, the Civic hatchback will be out before the ILX replacement so it gives you time to decide on it. As you can see what brand vehicle I have... I really want to join the Acura/Honda group. I love the TLX a lot. I’m pumped for all the products.

Acura_CSX_4eva

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Acura Manual Transmission + Nav + Heated Leather
I heard rumors that the civic hatchback you saw in the patent images were going to be used as the Acura model here in US instead and that's why the Japanese magazine revealed it's release date sooner since outside of North America it's just a Honda. That would be really interesting... it's like the Acura TSX / Honda Accord , Acura Legend / Honda Legend etc... all over again =(

Saywhaat04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
I heard rumors that the civic hatchback you saw in the patent images were going to be used as the Acura model here in US instead and that's why the Japanese magazine revealed it's release date sooner since outside of North America it's just a Honda. That would be really interesting... it's like the Acura TSX / Honda Accord , Acura Legend / Honda Legend etc... all over again =(
I thought the ILX replacement was sedan, not a hatchback? I learn something new every day lol.

Acura_CSX_4eva

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Acura Manual Transmission + Nav + Heated Leather
I thought the ILX replacement was sedan, not a hatchback? I learn something new every day lol.
I'm not sure if the rumor is true or not. Acura did mention a new small compact model during their roadmap discussion a while back. No one knows what it's going to look like yet.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not sure if the rumor is true or not. Acura did mention a new small compact model during their roadmap discussion a while back. No one knows what it's going to look like yet.
I’m gonna guess that rumor is a hard no. We already know from Honda that the civic is coming in a hatch and sedan form. Based on the hatch we’ve seen testing we know is shares 90% of its likeness with the sedan. Also, the Acura roadmap I believe did say “new compact sedan” specifically. Not a hatch.

now, the part of that that may be true is the platform of the new civic hatch/ILX replacement which we believe will be shared between the two, possibly introducing double wishbone front suspension to the new Acura and civic hatch (which aligns with hondas promise of better performance and refinement for the new civic). And while we aren’t sure which will debut first, the Acura or the civic hatch, could also be why the Japanese publications mentioned the new platform being on the civic first, because Acura doesn’t exist outside of North America.