• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

MorrisGray

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazda3 5sp manual, 2012 Genesis sedan
Excellent link to look at and read. At first, I was thinking less power, not interested. But after reading this , I do believe the benefits of everything else you get make this a better SI. Shorter throw & better mounted shifter... yes! Heated steering wheel... yes! And much more.
Question??? Does it have heated seats? I don't remember seeing that in the article information.

opium0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Sport
does anyone know if its possible to trade 11th gen civic sport for this?

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Excellent link to look at and read. At first, I was thinking less power, not interested. But after reading this , I do believe the benefits of everything else you get make this a better SI. Shorter throw & better mounted shifter... yes! Heated steering wheel... yes! And much more.
Question??? Does it have heated seats? I don't remember seeing that in the article information.

200hp is damn pitiful in 2022 in a pseudo performance car. It really wouldn't have made the si cost more by dropping the 2.0t from the accord.

HawaiiPunch

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Elantra N
200hp is damn pitiful in 2022 in a pseudo performance car. It really wouldn't have made the si cost more by dropping the 2.0t from the accord.
Hard disagree. 200hp is more than enough to have some fun, and the suspension changes will hopefully make the car much better handling . With the increased power band as well I don’t think the insignificant drop in peak power matters. The Si was never a power car, sure people mod to make more power, but it was always sold as fun to drive. It’s the epitome of slow car fast and I don’t think this is any different. I think people who are disappointed that this isn’t basically a GTI at the Si price point had the wrong idea in the first place.

fabrizzio71

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe White Orchid Pearl
Please, feel free to explain how you managed to gain 50hp but not void a warranty. You DO know that OEM's can tell if you flashed your ECU right?

And before you talk about "Honda fandom" I've NEVER owned any Honda product. I'm just not a boi racer and know that power curve can matter a TON more than 5HP. It's also VERY clear that Hondas goal isn't to be a WRX or GTi racer, its to be the more comfortable fun daily with great handling. Look at roads today there is almost NO space to use power in a line with how much traffic there is. It's all about fun in twisty roads, and a Miata can give you more fun on a public curvy road than a GT350 can.
1. Because of this linked act: https://www.autocare.org/government-relations/current-issues/Magnuson-Moss-Warranty-Act
My car being tuned doesn't automatically void my warranty. If I break something that can clearly be proven as caused by the increase in power then yes they could deny coverage. But guess what? I didn't tune it until my warranty was gone anyway, and my car has never broken.

2. If you have no interest in owning Honda products, I'm unsure why you're here arguing about them. There's plenty of space to use power where I live. And yes, agreed, power under the curve is important, no one claimed any different. Dyno numbers and test results will tell the story compared to the last gen.

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Improving the sound of the engine is a new dual-coil silencer exhaust system that increases exhaust flow 27 percent compared to Civic Touring."
Yet it still has less HP / same TQ as before. Although with the lighter flywheel, maybe power at the wheels is the same or higher than previous?

Why do they need to have the Active Sound Control BS?

Google for pics of where people have gotten aftermarket leather seats in their Si. It looks much better. Honda should offer them.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X2 M35i
Nah. I'd say it's the Cali CARB requirements. Ford is also detuning cars for 2022.
I mean if you logically think about it that could be the case but look how they treated the Sedan and Hatchback. It’s just that the Integra is messing with the portfolio of the Civic.

MorrisGray

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does it still have cloth arm rest on doors and center console?
Why can't Honda offer a wheel selection option o get something different?
Does it require premium grade gasoline?
Does it now come with a real spare tire?

MorrisGray

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I believe the new Hyundai Elantra 'N' may get more interest from me.

zx2down

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
1. Because of this linked act: https://www.autocare.org/government-relations/current-issues/Magnuson-Moss-Warranty-Act
My car being tuned doesn't automatically void my warranty. If I break something that can clearly be proven as caused by the increase in power then yes they could deny coverage. But guess what? I didn't tune it until my warranty was gone anyway, and my car has never broken.

2. If you have no interest in owning Honda products, I'm unsure why you're here arguing about them. There's plenty of space to use power where I live. And yes, agreed, power under the curve is important, no one claimed any different. Dyno numbers and test results will tell the story compared to the last gen.
1)And if your car breaks and the dealer wants to say "tune did it" its on YOU to prove it didn't. Also you may wanna learn how your warranty works. You have a 2018... so you are STILL under the 5yr drivetrain warranty.

2) At what point did I say I have no interest in Honda products? If I had non.. why would I even be here. So.. kinda proving your own point wrong.

3) Could not care LESS what a dyno says. Show me track results.
Sponsored