• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey EX-L '18 Civic SI Sedan '94 300zx twin turbo 2001 Ford F-150 Sport
I don’t know. We’ve been stuck in an 8 hp window for 15 years now, since gen 8 came out. I understand peak numbers aren’t everything but I do think they generate interest and sales. Plus, if peak numbers are higher, then you’d figure that’s still on a factory tune with some margin left for improvement.

Man… if they put the LP TD025 in the Si from gen 10s non-Sis… that’ll not bode well for having that extra room for tuning, little as it is, without replacing the turbo. I don’t need a power band that’s any more diesel-like. I would have no desire for my right foot to demand peak torque on a manual car under 2000 RPMs. I mean… I don’t hate my car. ?
Sponsored

The Bad Guy

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CBP Si Sedan, 06 G6, 15 Silverado
Cars now are alot like phones. People expect upgrades. You’d be pissed too if Apple kept using the same old processor every year. Honda and Toyota think that they can live off their reputation.
With the way the Tacoma and 4Runner hold their value and at the top of the reliability chart without making any drastic changes, i'd say they can for years to come; same can be said for the Civic. In my opinion, Apple has been getting away with the same form factor design with minimal changes for YEARS because they know people will still buy as most have already invested in the Apple ecosystem; it's just inevitable. Flame me, bro. :flame:

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
With the way the Tacoma and 4Runner hold their value and at the top of the reliability chart without making any drastic changes, i'd say they can for years to come; same can be said for the Civic. In my opinion, Apple has been getting away with the same form factor design with minimal changes for YEARS because they know people will still buy as most have already invested in the Apple ecosystem; it's just inevitable. Flame me, bro. :flame:
Like I said, living off the reputation. Iphone might look similar but the new model with the a15 bionic chip is nearly 7 times more powerful than the a9 that came out 5 years ago.

MLawrence

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Si
People know Hondas and Toyotas are reliable.

The 10th gen did well because they were able to maintain this, AND they managed to innovate.
Turbo Civics were nothing new to the tuner world. But a STOCK Turbo Civic with a ton of extra creature comforts?!
With sporty, yet sophisticated styling?

I love my 10th gen so much, I was HYPED for the 11th!

My guess is the 11th gen is Honda trying to play it safe.
But I have a hard time believing everyone basically wanted to turn the Civic into a short, fat Accord.

The Bad Guy

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Like I said, living off the reputation. Iphone might look similar but the new model with the a15 bionic chip is nearly 7 times more powerful than the a9 that came out 5 years ago.
How's the battery life?

The Bad Guy

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
People know Hondas and Toyotas are reliable.

The 10th gen did well because they were able to maintain this, AND they managed to innovate.
Turbo Civics were nothing new to the tuner world. But a STOCK Turbo Civic with a ton of extra creature comforts?!
With sporty, yet sophisticated styling?

I love my 10th gen so much, I was HYPED for the 11th!

My guess is the 11th gen is Honda trying to play it safe.
But I have a hard time believing everyone basically wanted to turn the Civic into a short, fat Accord.
With you on that as i too love my 10th gen. After seeing the new CTR vs the current, i knew they were going to give the Si the same treatment. I'd purchase a 6MT 2.0 Accord Sport before i purchase an 11th gen Si.

arpypat

First Name
Arpan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan ABM
With you on that as i too love my 10th gen. After seeing the new CTR vs the current, i knew they were going to give the Si the same treatment. I'd purchase a 6MT 2.0 Accord Sport before i purchase an 11th gen Si.
Too bad that Honda stopped offering the 6MT on the Accords... 2020 was the last model year.

freezingmoon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si coupe
Such a disappointment for anyone that thought it might be an upgrade from gen10
So glad I sold mine and built another k series eg… I won’t be looking back at a new Honda ever again…

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
This generation of Civic is what happens when you let modern Japanese designers make a car for the rest of the world.

Brandon25

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic
Anyone know If you can see Oil Temps on these newer civics or will this be feature on SI? I always thought this was huge oversight with 10th gen. On GTI, WRX or most competition you can easily see the temps to know when it's in safe Operation temps wise. You can't just go off coolant or engine temps. Which is all 10th gen gives you, basically you have no idea.
Sponsored