• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2022 Civic alarm going off, no reason.

SuperDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si - aegean blue
Hey guys. Was sitting in my 2022 Civic LX today, went to exit the vehicle and the alarm started going off. The power was still on as I was listening to the radio. Tried locking/unlocking with the key fob. Nothing. Tried locking/unlocking with the manual key on the door handle, nothing. Was able to start the car as normal, alarm still going off. No aftermarket alarm, all original car. My buddy is on the way with some sockets to disconnect/reconnect the battery. Any thoughts?

Edit: looks like a dealer aftermarket alarm was installed. Will have it towed to dealer. Didn't pay for one so hope they don't try to charge me to remove it.
Sponsored

Last edited:

HRC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Step 2 McLaren 570S
When you discover the dealer put in aftermarket alarm and cut OEM wiring..... bad bad bad. I hope it all works out for you man. I'd make a big stink about that.

OP
OP

SuperDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When you discover the dealer put in aftermarket alarm and cut OEM wiring..... bad bad bad. I hope it all works out for you man. I'd make a big stink about that.
Yeah man I already know to expect there. Some real BS they hack the wiring on a brand new vehicle. I 100% didn't pay for an alarm.

The dealer is being real crappy about it so far. No one there wants to help. I tried sales and service. Having AAA tow the vehicle there now. If they try to charge me better believe I'm calling the Attorney General, BBB, BAR, American Honda, Everyone.

HRC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Step 2 McLaren 570S
Sounds about right. You purchased the car the sales guy job is done. He'll point you to the service side. The service side will say "well the order said install an alarm so we did, go speak to the sales guy." Been there done that. And you wonder why people despise dealerships. Good luck, if you are within your states return window, drop the car back to the dealer and demand a refund.

OP
OP

SuperDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sounds about right. You purchased the car the sales guy job is done. He'll point you to the service side. The service side will say "well the order said install an alarm so we did, go speak to the sales guy." Been there done that. And you wonder why people despise dealerships. Good luck, if you are within your states return window, drop the car back to the dealer and demand a refund.
I've had the car 3-4 months. Sure I'm passed that point here in CA, but thank you. Plan to write a nice email to DCH Honda corporate tonight. Hopefully get this resolved asap. Car is on a tow truck headed to the dealer now. Will update tomorrow.

OP
OP

SuperDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update: wrote an email last night to the dealer where I purchased. Included all managers of every department and GM. Got a prompt response and they called me today. They state will remove aftermarket alarm and test everything afterwards. So far so good, will update if anything goes sideways.

JW0914

First Name
JW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 Orion Nebula
OEM wiring should only ever be cut when it's required to solder the ends to two different wires for starter kill. There's only ~13 wires that need to be tapped into for an alarm and remote start, less if it's either of those individually, as most functionality is routed through the BCM and BCAN
Sponsored