• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Lamotrigine

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GE8
No, you did the right thing. I would do the same thing if I was you. My partner just sold her beloved JCW for a business truck and hopefully will get it back once her company went successful. And I just promise her I will sell the CTR (if I got it) to fund out first house whenever it is necessary. At the end, car is just a debt.
All the best bro. You guys will be alright!
Sponsored

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Very happy and jealous many of you can afford the new CTR. Just turned 25 and have been saving up since graduated from uni, but had to lend all my savings to my parents for family issues. Otherwise should have plenty of extra headroom for the new CTR. Mom said she would give them back asap but she stop mentioning this matter recently so I assume she won’t be giving me back the money lol. I don’t even know if I can save up quick again quick enough before it ends production or fully allocated lol.
you're 25. Don't waste money you don't have on a car. Honestly at your age, my advice is save and buy a house before you buy a nice car. Good financial rule of thumb.

11th Gen Honda Civic 2023 Civic Type R Waitlist / Deposit / Reservations List - Check in here! 1657890250638

FLRib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R FK8
I just ordered my Civic Type R FL5 boost blue. Portugal will receive 8 units and are expexted to arrive on Jan 2023. Expected price 60k-70k euros

ApexEight

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Honda Civic Si sedan
First post on the website. I made a $500 refundable deposit this week on a '23 Type R at Apple Tree Honda in Fletcher, NC. I have seen this dealer mentioned in this thread. I spoke to JR, who mentioned that they do not yet know how they will price the vehicle, but they have not previously had ADMs on Type R's, and he only mentioned a $350 dealer-installed package.

He also mentioned that, to his knowledge, I am the only one on the waitlist at this dealer, which is dubious since I have seen it mentioned several times here. Is anyone else on the list there? Thanks!
Weird, I just called and they said they are not accepting deposits. Gave them my contact information anyway. Is JR the sales manager?

Lamotrigine

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GE8
you're 25. Don't waste money you don't have on a car. Honestly at your age, my advice is save and buy a house before you buy a nice car. Good financial rule of thumb.

1657890250638.png
Don’t think CTR is a “nice” car lol. And before I already saved up more than enough to full pay FL5 in 1 go. But tough times no choice. Rip me

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Don’t think CTR is a “nice” car lol. And before I already saved up more than enough to full pay FL5 in 1 go. But tough times no choice. Rip me
40k car is a nice car... especially for someone of his age. I've always kept my cars under 30k even as I raised up the corporate ladder.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
hes from Australia. Typical salary in Sydney is about 70 to 80 AUD. Type R cost 55 aud. I would consider a car that cost a nearly a year of salary to be considered a luxury car.

11th Gen Honda Civic 2023 Civic Type R Waitlist / Deposit / Reservations List - Check in here! 1657892945289

Mavis_6963

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini
I just ordered my Civic Type R FL5 boost blue. Portugal will receive 8 units and are expexted to arrive on Jan 2023. Expected price 60k-70k euros
Your dealer expects the FL5 to be over £50k (€60k)!? That is 38% more expensive than the FK8 and brings it to the same price level as an M2!
I think this would be miles over the budget of many and I seriously doubt Honda would do that.
TBH I know nothing about Portugal's car market but do you have any markup things like in the US?

Mavis_6963

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini

1657890250638.png
I guess this depends on the car though. If FL5 is really going to be limited and built in Japan (right-hand ver.), it is worth using it for short-term leverage. Any lucky few who get the car will definitely benefit from the demand of the market. In addition from previous experience, CTR usually holds its value (in UK, not sure about US market). A used FK8 with milages <10k can easily be sold at a price higher than a new car.
In a border view, any manual performance car produced in the upcoming 5yrs will preserve or even rises in its value in the coming decades as it is now the finale of combustion engine and manual transmission.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
unless you keep the car garaged, maintained and kept low mileage its not an investment. Cars are just that cars. You'll have a better return by putting your money in the market. A clean integra type r is going for about 50k on BAT... You paid 20 years of taxes, insurance and maintenance. If you had put 27k in the S&P 500 or Nasdaq you would have made over 200k.

MrBunster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Subaru Forester; '22 Nissan Pathfinder
Weird, I just called and they said they are not accepting deposits. Gave them my contact information anyway. Is JR the sales manager?
Weird, I just called and got a similar answer to yours. JR is not a manager, and is off today. Looking now, he never ran my card. Another associate is supposed to call me back to clarify the confusion.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
unless you keep the car garaged, maintained and kept low mileage its not an investment. Cars are just that cars. You'll have a better return by putting your money in the market. A clean integra type r is going for about 50k on BAT... You paid 20 years of taxes, insurance and maintenance. If you had put 27k in the S&P 500 or Nasdaq you would have made over 200k.

Unless im mistaken, original thought is that appreciation is a dual benefit of ownership, making the stretch to purchase more justifiable rather than banking the car to retire…

ApexEight

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Honda Civic Si sedan
Weird, I just called and got a similar answer to yours. JR is not a manager, and is off today. Looking now, he never ran my card. Another associate is supposed to call me back to clarify the confusion.
Thanks for following up. Between that and the other guy in this thread saying there was a larger mandatory add-on package than what you were told, I'm not hopeful.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Thanks for following up. Between that and the other guy in this thread saying there was a larger mandatory add-on package than what you were told, I'm not hopeful.
What kind of add ons do you think they will be?
Sponsored