• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
The last optional wing was red cf as well on the fk8
Sponsored

Robert.C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1, DC2-R
I say that like any of us are actually going to get a choice of colour..!
I'm not buying unless I get my color; I will pass on an allocation if it's not Champion White. But then, I've been waiting for a Champion White Type R since 1998.

Am I the only one drooling over that carbon fiber wing? Weaving the red in there is pretty awesome and ties in to red accents. Too bad it'll be overly expensive. I'd say if the dealer manages to put it on the car, I'll end up paying for it. I love unique things like these. Though probably not worth the price.
I think it looks terrific. I probably won't buy one, but I do really like it.

Last edited:

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
guaranteed that won't last a week before its stolen. Looks like I could undo that in 2 mins with power tools.
Really? Is there a way to have like a lock key similar to a wheel lock? I know that with anything if someone wants to take it, they'll take it but a lock should at least dissuade most people against it unless they are out for you.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
wheels locks don't stop thieves from stealing wheels, you can easily get a master key that the dealers and tire shops use.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
BRUH the wing has red carbon fiber weaving???? WTF 🤯

Thats dope as hell. And its only a $2,000 option??? Jesus Christ dude thats so sick
Im surprised at this reaction. I look at it and think it must be the shape or something but it just does not do it for me. Can’t put my finger on it though.

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
As a person who had never owned any CTR before, CPW was my first choice until I saw an FK8 (17 reg.) in the street. Yes, it is glorious when you first come into it. But when the paint decays (and it will) or under a certain brightness, it starts to get the yellowish white and that puts me off the game.
Don't get me wrong here as I still love the CPW and it's my 2nd. But I am just not sure if I can stay with the colour after a few years of time.

Yeah thats actually why I like CPW 😅

It has a dual personality. It goes from a pure white to a yellowish darker white without sunlight. Very few car manufactures use those whites. Can't think cars on sale right now where you can get that kind of white

If you PPF the car and get it detailed for a deep clean every 3 or 4 months it should prevent any paint decay.

Last edited:

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
Im surprised at this reaction. I look at it and think it must be the shape or something but it just does not do it for me. Can’t put my finger on it though.
Fair enough, Its very rare to see carbon fiber weave with coloring (at least it is for me).

First time I ever saw it on a car was with the Lexus RCF Fuji Edition and thought it looked super cool. It does look like with the CTR, the coloring was toned down compared to the RCF.

11th Gen Honda Civic RHD FL5 Civic Type R (Sonic Grey) spotted w/ full Modulo parts & OEM Honda Accessories! 1659722775297

I found a company that makes car inspired watch boxes with the same colored carbon fiber and I actually almost bought a box from them because it looks so nice. Would have bought it but the company looked super shady

Here's a picture. Its blue again because I really like blue 😅
11th Gen Honda Civic RHD FL5 Civic Type R (Sonic Grey) spotted w/ full Modulo parts & OEM Honda Accessories! 1659724475187

Last edited:

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Fair enough, Its very rare to see carbon fiber weave with coloring (at least it is for me).

First time I ever saw it on a car was with the Lexus RCF Fuji Edition and thought it looked super cool. It does look like with the CTR, the coloring was toned down compared to the RCF

1659722775297.png

I found a company that makes car inspired watch boxes with colored carbon fiber and I actually almost bought a box from them because it looks so nice. Would have bought it but the company looked super shady

Wow that blue is amazing. I like the fiber, i think its the shape in the pic looking straight from the back just seems off to me. I know its fussy but wish for the stock wing with fiber.

Robert.C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1, DC2-R
Really? Is there a way to have like a lock key similar to a wheel lock? I know that with anything if someone wants to take it, they'll take it but a lock should at least dissuade most people against it unless they are out for you.
I believe they're held on with Torx bolts. So unlikely that somebody will be randomly equipped to steal your wing on a whim, but with pre-planning, it would be as easy as unscrewing four bolts.
Sponsored