Sponsored

305mm vs 350mm rear brake rotors

Nikw91

Senior Member
First Name
Nik 772typr
Joined
Nov 3, 2023
Threads
19
Messages
551
Reaction score
560
Location
WPB, FL
Vehicle(s)
2025 CW FL5
Is it worth the upgrade to go to 350mm rear rotors if i do about 5-6 track days a year?

Ive been looking at the DBA 4000 rotors for the rear for around $340 and the Paragon 350mm rear rotor upgrade is $850. Is it worth the extra $500 for the bigger rotor?

I just always see the front rotors glowing on FL5s and never the rears.

Already running:
- Paragon slotted front rotors,
- Paragon P3 pads front and rear,
- Goodridge stainless steel brake lines,
- Endless RF650 brake fluid,
- Wunderladen rear brake bushings.

Thank you!
Sponsored

 

Websitesdown

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2024
Threads
5
Messages
428
Reaction score
345
I upgraded my rears to the Paragon, no complaints.
 

CG13

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2024
Threads
6
Messages
148
Reaction score
169
Location
Houston
Vehicle(s)
2024 FL5 Civic Type R
I’m running OEM rotors and calipers on the rear with Ferodo DS1.11 pads. I run 372mm AP Racing front rotors and Radical calipers with the same pads.

I run with pedal dance and have very little wear on the rear pads over time. I changed rear pads once in two track seasons.

At this point I’ve seen no reason to upgrade.
 

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Joined
Dec 16, 2021
Threads
10
Messages
429
Reaction score
950
Location
Toronto, ON | Buffalo, NY
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 22 FL1, 24, FE1, 25 FL5
I've had my Paragon Rear 350mm kit since 2022, originally on my FK8, and the rotor rings still have plenty of life left after roughly 25k of use with P3 pads. We moved the kit over to the FL5 two months ago and are currently reusing the OEM pads, since I gave the P3 pads to a friend, they still had another season of use left in them.

The larger surface area disperses heat quickly, so the typical rear brake pad wear concern isn't really an issue with this setup.
 

Adam123

Member
First Name
Adam
Joined
Aug 25, 2025
Threads
0
Messages
29
Reaction score
18
Location
Toowoomba
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R FL5
From my experience which is also about 5-6 track days a year, with the pedal dance and VSA disabled there is minimal wear on the rear brakes. 70-80% of braking is up front. I have also thought of upgraded the rears to the slotted paragons but after checking brake temps after each track sessions (20 mins) the temps are no where near as hot as the front and so it doesn’t really seem needed. Aesthetically 350 in the rear looks cool but I think that’s about as much as I can justify at this stage

if you want to run Hondas brake vectoring on track then 100% upgrade pads and rotors
Sponsored

 
 







Top