• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

📣 2023 Integra Reviews Are In & Very Positive!

OGGsr

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PWP 2022 Civic Si
I read the Car and Driver initial review of the Integra and came away glad I purchased my '22 Civic Si. For enthusiasts, you have to buy the A-Spec/Tech package for about $40k OTD, while my Si was a little over $30k. Leather seats, adjustable suspension, 120lbs MORE, and the A badge isn't worth the ~$10k delta between the cars. I'm betting a rumored type S will push $42-$44 OTD...

coo1rim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic, 2006 yaris, 2008 rav4, 2012 carmy, 2017 Civic 2.0L 6MT
I so not interested, I didn't bother looking for the reviews. But, I'm not surprised it's positive, given how grown-up (and boring) 11th Civic has become. When 11th Type-R is released, with Acura type pricing, it'd be like pissing on the flame. Honda is no longer a fun brand for the masses. They're a company (like most of others) who's cashing in an attitude and not driven by passion (unlike Toyota).

OGGsr

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PWP 2022 Civic Si
I so not interested, I didn't bother looking for the reviews. But, I'm not surprised it's positive, given how grown-up (and boring) 11th Civic has become. When 11th Type-R is released, with Acura type pricing, it'd be like pissing on the flame. Honda is no longer a fun brand for the masses. They're a company (like most of others) who's cashing in an attitude and not driven by passion (unlike Toyota).
I disagree with most of this. Hondas have always been reliable and economical cars which were fun to drive and never about the overall numbers. My '22 Si carries this tradition being all of the above and Integras have always been a nicer Civic with a bit more power available with more features. I think the new Integra does the same but the price delta is a bit more now if you want a performance oriented model. When the '99 Civic Si came out, it was around $18k and an Integra GSR was ~$21k-$22k. In the GSR you got a more powerful engine, leather seats, CD player, etc. The problem I see with this new Integra, is that to get the manual "enthusiast" car, you are spending closer to $8k-$10k more. A Type-S version will be significantly more than the base versions.
Just my $.02

-Jamie

Jimi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR 2019
Wrong

ElpacoSV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EJ6 ; Civic FK7G4
I read the Car and Driver initial review of the Integra and came away glad I purchased my '22 Civic Si. For enthusiasts, you have to buy the A-Spec/Tech package for about $40k OTD, while my Si was a little over $30k. Leather seats, adjustable suspension, 120lbs MORE, and the A badge isn't worth the ~$10k delta between the cars. I'm betting a rumored type S will push $42-$44 OTD...
This are the MRSP of 2000 civic and Integra. As you see...wr are not that fare off

Attachments

ElpacoSV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EJ6 ; Civic FK7G4
Looked up the MSRP of a 2000 Civic Si- $17,985 or about k in$30k 2022 dollars.
Yes I did! Imagine that...we are paying less today than 20yrs ago! Not to forget that for the same money we are getting much much more! Not bad Honda!

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2022 Subaru WRX
The adjustable suspension thing has been bugging me since I bought my Si, but it is just a mental block, as the reality is that it isn't very useful day in and day out. When I first started looking for an Si as they were being released I thought they came with adjustable suspension like the 10th gens did. When I found out the 11th gen did not carry over that option I was disappointed. Now that I seen the integra having it as an option it played with my mind again.

But we now see that the Integra adjustable suspension on sport mode is less stiff than the Si fixed suspension. I do not want a car that is softer than my Si's suspension, so I would never drive that car in comfort or normal modes, and even in sport mode it is less stiff than my Si. So at the end of the day the Si suspension is more in line with my preference even though it is not adjustable. If I owned the integra it would never be taken out of Sport mode and even at that it is not as good as my Si's tuned fixed suspension IMO. Case closed for me.

I do like the Integra red leather interior, I'd get a white with red interior, looks sharp.

coo1rim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic, 2006 yaris, 2008 rav4, 2012 carmy, 2017 Civic 2.0L 6MT
I disagree with most of this. Hondas have always been reliable and economical cars which were fun to drive and never about the overall numbers. My '22 Si carries this tradition being all of the above and Integras have always been a nicer Civic with a bit more power available with more features. I think the new Integra does the same but the price delta is a bit more now if you want a performance oriented model. When the '99 Civic Si came out, it was around $18k and an Integra GSR was ~$21k-$22k. In the GSR you got a more powerful engine, leather seats, CD player, etc. The problem I see with this new Integra, is that to get the manual "enthusiast" car, you are spending closer to $8k-$10k more. A Type-S version will be significantly more than the base versions.
Just my $.02

-Jamie
Old school pricing doesn't translate to what's happening today. World economy and inflation has turned everything upside down. That being said, I bought my 1998 Civic DX Hatchback for $14k band new and huge deal since it was the best handling car I've ever owned (after $$$ spent tuning it). Massive deal, when todays Civic doesn't have the same level of handling.

Honda has gone a long way toward coming back from those haydays and my current 2017 Civic LX Sedan 6MT is an example of that comeback. Especially when considering the car can be easily tracked with only brake and wheel upgrade. I bought my 2017 Civic for $17000 brand new (not including tax and destination). 4 years later, if I wanted a reliable track car, I'm going to have to spend about $45k for the Type-R. The Si isn't considered since it's purely geared for the street and all the luxury addons would be toxic on the track (unless a few casual hotlaps is enough).

Granted, the masses are frequenting the streets, but the racetrack potential is what keeps the enthusiast coming back. I don't have $50k to spend on a car (need to save for family vacations) and I don't want to burn-out small turbo motor in the Si with constant track use, so Honda will not be my next car. GR86 seems like a candidate that might not brake the bank.

Like today, if we compare Honda and Acura, the Civics always better handling since lighter weight made it a better platform for tuning., Today, aftermarket can't out-do tuning ability of manufacture, so what you buy is what you get. Granted, could enhance by reducing cars life expectancy, but in the old days, it was all-round enhancement with significantly better parts.

HondaFan777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, 2023 Pilot Elite
I reserved a Liquid Carbon Metallic A-Spec 6MT, we will see if its keeper :)

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2022 Subaru WRX
I reserved a Liquid Carbon Metallic A-Spec 6MT, we will see if its keeper :)
That is awesome, no doubt you will enjoy it, there is nothing wrong with the Integra and it has many positive points about it, if people are comfortable with the pricing and they like the extra features they are getting for that added cost that is great. I am sure it will be a keeper, I longed for the Integra name to come back as I have owned an awesome GS-R in past years along with a base Integra LS back in the day. I am happy to see the Integra back, they should have done that years ago. Now lets see an Integra Type R return.

HondaFan777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, 2023 Pilot Elite
That is awesome, no doubt you will enjoy it, there is nothing wrong with the Integra and it has many positive points about it, if people are comfortable with the pricing and they like the extra features they are getting for that added cost that is great. I am sure it will be a keeper, I longed for the Integra name to come back as I have owned an awesome GS-R in past years along with a base Integra LS back in the day. I am happy to see the Integra back, they should have done that years ago. Now lets see an Integra Type R return.
I’m buying it as a daily that will be fun to drive. My Accord is plenty fast in a straight line 😉😎
Sponsored