Sponsored

egxflash

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2024
Threads
2
Messages
265
Reaction score
198
Location
CA
Vehicle(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
Understand, in California police just need Reasonable Suspicion to pull you over to check for modifications.

You can be pulled over if your car is too low, it seems loud to them, or didn't have the proper nipple piercing, c0ckring too small all based on reasonable suspicion think about it.
I'm not sure how this has anything to do with my original comment/question about biannual smog and the visual part but ok...
Sponsored

 

22Si

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2023
Threads
6
Messages
304
Reaction score
247
Location
IL
Vehicle(s)
2025 FL5
I'm not sure how this has anything to do with my original comment/question about biannual smog and the visual part but ok...
Meaning don't give people false sense of security you're going to get pulled over they only need Reasonable Suspicion to pull you over if they think your car is modified and then you will get jammed up for having this downpipe that's my point that's what it has to do with it you are not free to drive around with your car in California. I'm not trying to sound snorky I'm just saying the car is already a target.

Back to the original thing who here has it installed how are they liking it?
 

egxflash

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2024
Threads
2
Messages
265
Reaction score
198
Location
CA
Vehicle(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
Meaning don't give people false sense of security you're going to get pulled over they only need Reasonable Suspicion to pull you over if they think your car is modified and then you will get jammed up for having this downpipe that's my point that's what it has to do with it you are not free to drive around with your car in California. I'm not trying to sound snorky I'm just saying the car is already a target.

Back to the original thing who here has it installed how are they liking it?
Ok, but you can be pulled over for "reasonable suspicion" in Texas also and it's illegal to modify or remove cats there too but it's CA that people can't seem to get out of their mouths. If we're making up scenarios here, you could just as well be jammed up in other states.

We get it, y'all hate California. But I don't mean to derail this anymore than we already have.

At least based on my experience actually living in this state, it sounds like it'll be a classic case of "it depends." I've been to some smog shops that aren't as uptight about the visual and it passes the OBD test while some are more "in the know" and will fail you for the same thing.

Big caveat: this is N/A if you get pulled over by and sent to get state ref'd. You're fucked at that point and would have to revert back to stock.
 

egxflash

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2024
Threads
2
Messages
265
Reaction score
198
Location
CA
Vehicle(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
Back to the original thing who here has it installed how are they liking it?
Also, to piggyback off this...especially interested in seeing if anybody's got this partnered up with a catback.

I've got a Borla on my DE5 and at Sport, it's got plenty of volume but is still very liveable and no drone. I'm worried it's going to be pretty intolerable with the addition of a downpipe, performance gains aside.
 

22Si

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2023
Threads
6
Messages
304
Reaction score
247
Location
IL
Vehicle(s)
2025 FL5
Also, to piggyback off this...especially interested in seeing if anybody's got this partnered up with a catback.

I've got a Borla on my DE5 and at Sport, it's got plenty of volume but is still very liveable and no drone. I'm worried it's going to be pretty intolerable with the addition of a downpipe, performance gains aside.
I envy you guys with the factory tuning I'm sure that borla sounds amazing on the de-5 in sport+!

I know one of the original testing videos they posted was of a stock de-5 with this down pipe
 


OP
OP
SBX Performance

SBX Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Tom
Joined
Mar 29, 2025
Threads
36
Messages
367
Reaction score
571
Location
Poughkeepsie
Website
www.sbxperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Honda Civic Type R
This is my customers photo with th heat shield on. Looks OEM to me. In NY all you need is to have a cat thats it as far as i know. Other states I have no idea your laws....

812536479_10166501177290955_4501424469631150647_n.webp
 

22Si

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2023
Threads
6
Messages
304
Reaction score
247
Location
IL
Vehicle(s)
2025 FL5
This is my customers photo with th heat shield on. Looks OEM to me. In NY all you need is to have a cat thats it as far as i know. Other states I have no idea your laws....

812536479_10166501177290955_4501424469631150647_n.webp

Tell him to post a video
 

blueroadster

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2024
Threads
29
Messages
702
Reaction score
1,022
Location
MD
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Type R, 2026 Passport TSE, 2026 Pilot BE, 1964 Impala SS
Updated the above table as the OEM Downpipe Inlet ID is actually choked down to 70 mm/2.756 in. after a 90 degree bend before the cat. When comparing the OEM Downpipe (Raw) to the SBX Downpipe (Raw - No Logo or Studs for OEM Heat Shields), the SBX Downpipe offers a :
  • 31.587% Reduction in Weight (-1,586 grams/-3.496 lbs.);
  • 42.857% Increase for the Inlet ID (+30 mm/+1.181 in.); essentially port matched to the OEM Turbine Outlet ID; and
  • 37.736% Increase for the Outlet ID (+20 mm/+0.787 in.).

My CTR has almost 40k on the odometer so I'd rather install newly acquired parts on a brand new CTR.
Link for reference for those thinking about upgrading their intercooler charge pipes at the same time. Here is another link for those looking into intercooler options. Intercooler and downpipe upgrades should be at the top of the list IMHO.
 
Last edited:


blueroadster

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2024
Threads
29
Messages
702
Reaction score
1,022
Location
MD
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Type R, 2026 Passport TSE, 2026 Pilot BE, 1964 Impala SS
Bump...Any updates from others that received their SBX catted downpipe? I shared details from my end in this post with a follow up including specifications. Wondering if anyone has installed theirs yet and can post feedback.
 
Last edited:
OP
OP
SBX Performance

SBX Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Tom
Joined
Mar 29, 2025
Threads
36
Messages
367
Reaction score
571
Location
Poughkeepsie
Website
www.sbxperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Honda Civic Type R
Bump...Any updates from others that received their SBX catted downpipe? I shared details from my end in this post with a follow up including specifications. Wondering if anyone has installed theirs yet and can post feedback.
I know I stole your calculations LOL nice post man! Also only 10 people have it so far.Delays got worse tbh. Ordered new tooling machine to make it much faster going forward.

Had a guy install install it yesterday and a few people still have not installed it. Complaining it took forever then didnt even install it yet after what two weeks LOL Few posts on FB and review on the website thats pretty much it so far. Rest should be going out next week
 

blueroadster

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2024
Threads
29
Messages
702
Reaction score
1,022
Location
MD
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Type R, 2026 Passport TSE, 2026 Pilot BE, 1964 Impala SS
I know I stole your calculations LOL nice post man! Also only 10 people have it so far.Delays got worse tbh. Ordered new tooling machine to make it much faster going forward.

Had a guy install install it yesterday and a few people still have not installed it. Complaining it took forever then didnt even install it yet after what two weeks LOL Few posts on FB and review on the website thats pretty much it so far. Rest should be going out next week
No worries...Measurements were shared to help the community. This is absolutely the best aftermarket FL5 downpipe downpipe for many design and functional reasons.

No complaints from my end. I just need to return my car to stock so I can install the downpipe and a bunch of other items on a brand new 26/27 CTR.
Sponsored

 
 







Top