• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

905Civic

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Sensing, 2020 Kia Telluride SX
It looks like quite the overhaul. The front screams beemer to me, which I'm not a fan of.

yhkwok

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 Galant ES 2.4, 18 Sienna XLE (FWD), 18 FK7 ST
This is a new car. It's not a refresh.
That's why it does not look like current gen Type-R, or current gen Accord.
Just like how 10th gen civic doesn't look anything like the 9th gen.

Also, let's remember that these test mules rarely use production parts at this stage of the development.
So whatever you see isn't exactly what you will see when it actually comes out.
Oh and let's not forget that the whole thing's covered in camo lol I see a lot of people with some x-ray vision or something.
Exactly! Do we even see any Honda badge to prove it's a Honda?

SDSport6MT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport 6mt
Looks like it is fully loaded with passengers in the back, that would explain the sag in the back.

JT Si

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MSM Civic Si
Yeah this model looks a foot shorter than the accord and I really doubt theyre going to make the accord smaller .

Nice work.
The Civic hatchback is shorter than the sedan. If this is a new Accord variant, hatchback, it follows it would be shorter than the sedan.

EdG

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
I bought my CTR for the way it drives, not for the way it looks. Style is a personal preference so I am not being critical of those who love the current CTR styling. I am just more interested in how the next gen will handle on a back road or a track.

Riko

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.0L Turbo, CVT, Elegance trim
What everyone needs to understand with the camo'd up cars is they are padded to throw people off. That front end is definitely not gonna look like a BMW or charger. Those tail lights are most likely covered up by at least 50%. The pseudo hatch is probably padded to hide the profile.
true

but most people are stupid and judge based on those cameo pics like its a finished production model

so, no idea of:
- finished look inside and out
- full specs
- pricing, trims, etc
but those handful of pictures are enough for the stupids to cal it a bmw, to hate it to the bone and what not

i'd rather be patient and wait till we see it in full than state idiot statements
but some cant constraint themselves and rather be stupid i guess

BoldBrandFlakes

First Name
Brando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic 4dr Sedan
Holy crap, is it possible that guys hand is actually on the shift knob like the dash mounted shifter on the older civic hatchbacks?!

shifter.png
I doubt it, pretty sure it’s just a hand gesture he was making to touch the infotainment or laptop in the car...

Riko

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.0L Turbo, CVT, Elegance trim
Holy crap, is it possible that guys hand is actually on the shift knob like the dash mounted shifter on the older civic hatchbacks?!

shifter.png
lol
who'l say :rolleyes:
either that or he:
- held his hand high for no reason
- he was about to reach a button on the center console
- the opposite of the previous speculation

in all honesty, i think everything but the first speculation

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
The back end of the mule is definitely hacked up. Just look at the frankenstein exhaust. Therefore, we should probably stop trying to read too much based on the back half of the mule.

I also wouldn't look too much at the front end either. Honda can easily fool the public by slapping on artificial bulges and humps.

Instead, I think we should focus on the non-cosmetic pieces, e.g,. brakes, wheels, tires, possible rear diff, etc.

I think we can reasonably infer that this mule is some sort of performance vehicle based on the following:
- Big red brakes (from the FK8?)
- Large low profile wheels/tires

Looks like this is being tested in Europe based on license plate shape. Not sure what this really means. If this is the next gen Civic, wouldn't this be tested in Ohio?

Interior cabin doesn't look anything at all like the current Civic. Looks more like an Accord interior.

It has red seats. Most likely same seats as the FK8.

The timing of the FK8 Limited Edition makes me believe that this car won't be in production for at least a few years.

If I had to guess what this mule was used for, I think it's a VERY early prototype of the next gen Civic Type R to test the existing FK8 hardware on the 11th gen platfor. I believe the exterior panels were just slapped on just to be able to drive the vehicle on public roads.

OrchidFc3

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R "EvilR" 1992 SI Turbo K20a2 1996 RHD ITR J Swap 2017 Civic LX Hatch
From these pictures I am not a fan. Let's hope it looks better once revealed lol
Sponsored