• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Shigure.x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
The longer front end probably means a bigger engine? I can't imagine Honda dumping the turbo charged I4 so soon though.

It seems more likely that this is an Accord with a wing, maybe a LE that comes with a wing or something.
Sponsored

Riko

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.0L Turbo, CVT, Elegance trim
Ummmm. Why does the front end scream BMW?
for fucks sake, isnt it obvious enought?

because they taped off that section where the badge is, so its end up looking like a bmw

The Veloster N is not available in the European market.
yeah, I edited my post already

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
One thing to keep in mind. The camo and especially the padding they're using in certain areas can give the illusion of a different shape than what's underneath. Don't assume it's quite as bulbous and blocky as it appears.

As far as the interior, I personally hate the stuck on tablet look.

Riko

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.0L Turbo, CVT, Elegance trim
Looks like a BMW >_<
but a sticker that devides the grill, and most cars suddenly look like a bmw

Wow. 100% bmw vibes on the front end/headlights
wow, and 80% of the whole front is covered and it will look like 75% different without all the camo.

TBH, the cameo Civic looks more BMW than current modern BMW we actually see riding without camo on the road
:rolleyes:

So dont worry, its just a cameo, because it has a bmw vibe, it wont end up looking like bmw

cameo certainly doing its thing by reading 90% of the reactions here

coo1rim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic, 2006 yaris, 2008 rav4, 2012 carmy, 2017 Civic 2.0L 6MT
No roof wind diffuser, but brembo brakes and recaro seats. Saggy rear suspension and dinky tacked on exhaust. Looks like experimental after thought.

TMM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
That side profile tho
11th Gen Honda Civic 11th GEN CIVIC TYPE R SPIED!! sidebeluga

The longer front end probably means a bigger engine? I can't imagine Honda dumping the turbo charged I4 so soon though.

It seems more likely that this is an Accord with a wing, maybe a LE that comes with a wing or something.
Looks to have exactly the same proportions to the FK8 to me. Look closely at the distance between the edge of the front door and the wheel - it's basically the same. The camo tape makes it look like the front overhang is enormous, but the FK8 is the same. The 10th gen civic isn't a small car, but they did a lot of visual tricks to make it look smaller, particularly the front and rear overhangs.

The main difference I'm seeing is that the body line below the side windows continues to the front wind screen. In the 10th gen civic the front guards and bonnet hide the bottom of the windscreen. Or perhaps it is more or less the same and they have placed the camo tape over the side windows to disguise the body line.

Last edited:

Zavage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EJ6, Honda Accord CU1( Acura TSX 2nd Gen)
By comparing the rear differential from the Acura RDX to this prototype, it has some similarities (see red circles). So this might be an AWD.
If we look at the license plate place on the tailgate (yellow square), it is only suitable for NA license plates.

11th Gen Honda Civic 11th GEN CIVIC TYPE R SPIED!! honda1

st4xor

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
10th gen Si owner sounding off, first Honda. Super excited that this exists at all. I'm sure the looks from the driver's seat on a sublime piece of road/track will be great. Hope this makes it in to showrooms given all the turmoil going on right now in the auto industry. It's a great time to be a Honda enthusiast in the NA market. ?

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
By comparing the rear differential from the Acura RDX to this prototype, it has some similarities (see red circles). So this might be an AWD.
If we look at the license plate place on the tailgate (yellow square), it is only suitable for NA license plates.

honda1.jpg
That kind of screams Acura then, doesn't it?

JT Si

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MSM Civic Si

honda1.jpg
If you're familiar with the rear suspension on the current civic and Accord, those two bolts look pretty clearly to be the rear lower control arm inner mounting bolts. I do not see any sort of differential in that spy shot.

Looks like the expected rear subframe.

S2kx8

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Civic, 2001, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009 S2000’s
Hoping it’s a refinement all around. Though the drivetrain, interior, performance and tech of GenX is impressive the exterior styling in my opinion is quite confused, cluttered with to many odd angles, cut outs, creases and fake vents. Looked like a transformer that never quite fit back together correctly.