• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Jimi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR 2019
You won’t believe this but….

I was watching this YouTube video and look at the market adjustment Markup this dealer (Westshore Honda in FL) added to a Sport Touring hatch

Go to 7:40 secs

11th Gen Honda Civic $15k price markup on 2022 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring! 029254AD-89E5-438E-828D-A279D865BEF5
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
You won’t believe this but….
I was watching this YouTube video and look at the market adjustment Markup this dealer added to a Sport Touring hatch

Go to 7:40 secs

That's insane....

But I also saw a 2021 CTR LE listed the other day online for $67k

I was also curious about what I'd get for my 2019 EX coupe and was shocked that Carmax was going to offer me $25k for my 3 year old car that only stickered for $23k brand new... that car market is a damn mess.

OP
OP

Jimi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR 2019
That's insane....

I was also curious about what I'd get for my 2019 EX coupe and was shocked that Carmax was going to offer me $25k for my 3 year old car that only stickered for $23k brand new... that car market is a damn mess.
dude, totally. If you want to sell your car now is the time. Up here in Canada there is no “market adjustment” price for new cars sold at the dealer. It’s just MSRP.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
dude, totally. If you want to sell your car now is the time. Up here in Canada there is no “market adjustment” price for new cars sold at the dealer. It’s just MSRP.
I sincerely wish I had a car in mind that I really wanted. If the integra was already on sale I would sell my civic coupe, find a fair dealer willing to sell at MSRP, and pocket the extra cash I didn't use for a down payment. It'll be interesting to see where things stand next spring when the Integra is due to be out and my current lease is up.

OP
OP

Jimi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR 2019
I sincerely wish I had a car in mind that I really wanted. If the integra was already on sale I would sell my civic coupe, find a fair dealer willing to sell at MSRP, and pocket the extra cash I didn't use for a down payment. It'll be interesting to see where things stand next spring when the Integra is due to be out and my current lease is up.
Indeed. The Integra will be a good option, maybe if Honda allowed people to buy cars directly off the website for MSRP and pick it up at a local dealer.
These market adjustments are unlawful.

Pielo7

First Name
Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
I dont understand russian, but i think he said i dosen't make sence thats more expensive than a Type-R lol

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Hatchback Sport
All the dealers around me has the sport touring hatches for msrp. Just avoid the dealer.

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatchback
$15K markup? The dealership should just go to around $20K markup and then say: "You buy a Civic Sport Touring and you get a Civic Sedan LX for free!" LMAO.

HawaiiPunch

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Elantra N
That's insane....

Guy has an LE for sale on autotrader near Toronto for 81k CAD. Best part is he keeps updating the mileage as he’s driving the car. Absolute clown. E: It’s been on there for months now and is constantly updated.

11th Gen Honda Civic $15k price markup on 2022 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring! 87ABC240-2C08-4786-8199-F0256F8082E9

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
Sadly, markups will persist into 2022. Car production is limited by part shortages. Dealers are selling the few cars they have with markups.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
The funny thing is....the buyer will leave thinking they got a good deal b/c they negotiated 10k off the ADM. :confused1:

djlythium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
The funny thing is....the buyer will leave thinking they got a good deal b/c they negotiated 10k off the ADM. :confused1:
Indeed.

Pretty sure someone somewhere far far away said once 'Who's the more foolish? The fool, of the fool who pays ADM?'