• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

19" to 18" Bumpy

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
@Icehawk Yeah, 25 is low and doesn’t sound correct to me either. I don’t understand all the ins and outs of this stuff, but it does make sense to run a little bit lower pressure (than stock) if/when running a larger tire/smaller wheel setup…at least in theory. Theory is : Not as much air pressure is needed, because there’s more volume of air in the larger tires. Is this line of thinking at least correct?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Mimzie2763

First Name
Parker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Toyota Supra Turbo 6MT, 2023 FL5
Until we know the tire pressure of the current setup... likely it's still very high from mounting the tires. I have experienced new tires feeling a bit stiffer than the ones they replace (same tire/size) for a few drives though.

I'll disagree with these tire pressure calculators you guys are referencing - that's just about load which is not something we need to worry about here. I have a lot of experience with tires and pressures from autocrossing, we can have a discussion about that if desired but I absolutely would not recommend 25psi on tires you are going to use on public roads.
I just gone done putting air in my tires.

32 psi for the front and 30 psi for the rear.
Is this okay for 265/35/18 tires?

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
Yes, it's a great starting point and something you honestly shouldn't need to think about too deeply for street use - just air it up to 30-35 and call it a day IMO.

If you care about extracting every bit of performance you're going to need to do (a lot) of testing and it's only going to apply to that specific setup and really only be applicable at 9-10/10ths. Tire & suspension tuning was always my favorite part, aside from driving of course, when I autocrossed.
Sponsored