• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2022 Civic delayed by microchip shortage?

JBCutlerson

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring Modern Steel Metallic
Has anyone heard anything about the Civic launch to be delayed by a microchip shortage?

Since my 2017 Civic lease is almost up, I paid my local Honda dealer here in the Montreal south shore suburbs a refundable deposit to reserve a 2022 Touring from the first batch. He told me they'd have a 2022 Civic demo to show people by the end of May and a dozen or more to sell by mid-to-late June. I reconfirmed this with him at the beginning of last week and it was supposedly the same plan.

I've heard nothing from him since so I called today and spoke with the sales manager. According to him, everything has been delayed because Honda is dealing with a microchip shortage.

Although that's certainly possible, I find it weird that we've seen several cases of new Civics around the Honda Canada area seemingly driven by Honda employees and we've also seen pics of shipments of new Civics loaded on trucks to be shipped to dealers. I've had bad experiences with car dealers in the past, so I tend to have trouble trusting them. Plus since my lease is almost up, if the new Civic isn't going to be available, I may start looking at other options from competitors.
Sponsored

Last edited:

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
Delayed? Not sure. Limited initial supply is highly likely. I’d find the largest Honda dealer in your area and reallocate that deposit.

Acura_CSX_4eva

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Acura Manual Transmission + Nav + Heated Leather
I wouldn't be surprised. For some reason, I have a feeling that the 11th gen hatchback might get pushed back instead of the July date as well =(

delfinom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord 2006 V6 EXL
New model year shipments are always staggered and the distribution to dealers isn't even nor instant either.

Hell, my local dealer here in the US didn't even get a "full inventory" of 2021 civics until april where they suddenly received 70 21 hatchbacks after only having an initial 5 and it wasn't even a microchip shortage for these cars with build dates on them in December.

alpago

First Name
Mehmet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda civic 2007 & Honda Civic 2015
Hey guys, you know, civic europe both factory will be closed this year (England & Turkey) Which country will sell the 2022 civics to the europe? Will usa export to europe or Mexico? are there any information about this? And also, what will be the price of xi civic?

11th Gen Honda Civic 2022 Civic delayed by microchip shortage? ZEADsisy0AA-HD

11th Gen Honda Civic 2022 Civic delayed by microchip shortage? ZEADsisy0AA-HD

delfinom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord 2006 V6 EXL
Hey guys, you know, civic europe both factory will be closed this year (England & Turkey) Which country will sell the 2022 civics to the europe? Will usa export to europe or Mexico? are there any information about this? And also, what will be the price of xi civic?
Honda is going Hybrid and EV only in europe by 2022. You will not see the 2022 Civic, period. They will probably ship over the current 2022 Insight but only time will tell if they decide to make a Civic Hybrid or a redesigned Insight as they are essentially the same car.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
Has anyone heard anything about the Civic launch to be delayed by a microchip shortage?
I doubt it - the carmakers got stung by chip shortages cause they cut their orders in 2020 and now can't get their orders back. It's unlikely Honda would have cut back orders for 2022 Civic semiconductors.

Giltibo

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Accord Coupe 5MT. '18 Civic Sport Touring 6MT (Both Red!)
Rampup is always slow on a new generation. No problem so far. (HCM)
Sponsored