• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2022 Civic: Extreme Lag on Entertainment System at Start

Are you having extreme lag on the audio screen?

• Yes, Just Android Auto is extremely laggy from time to time

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

eric__

First Name
eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Touring (Meteorite Gray)
Hey all,
I wanted to share a video of some extreme sluggishness I am getting on the infotainment system when I start my car some mornings. It is not every time, but it has happened 3/5 days that I have had my car. I am using wireless CarPlay, but I have noticed before that if you can get to the main Honda menu (the Audio Screen): it also lags as well pretty badly.

It always goes away by about 60 seconds after and is smooth again. So I'm guessing it's utilizing all 4GB of ram at boot and takes a bit to free up its memory. But I wanted to see if anyone else was having this issue as well.

Video Demonstration of Lag:

I put up a poll that you can answer as well to see at a glance what others my be experiencing. The Audio Screen is the screen I'm referring to by pressing the Honda button in android auto / carplay that returns you to the native OS.
Sponsored

irok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18EX, '22EX
I have the 7 inch EX infotainment & compare to the my previous gen EX, it's a little bit more touch responsive, but everything else is worse, especially connections. Always USB "unsupported" & Bluetooth would always have issues, not to mention it's a dumb down version of the old one. I never had USB issues with my prev. Gen.

nurvcom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 CIVIC TOURING // 01 IS300 // 00 F250 DIESEL
mine get bad some time on hot day i get in the car start up and whole unit will be unresponsive to touch and will start clicking wayyyy after on any screen

em804

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic EX, 1996 TL
EX here with the 7 inch screen and the only issue I've noticed so far is with Bluetooth. When I turn on the car and try to connect to bluetooth but the last time I drove the car, I was connected by USB/AndroidAuto, it shows that my phone is connected by bluetooth but it won't play anything. It takes switching between different settings (radio, bluettooth, AndroidAuto) and then it will eventually start playing through bluetooth. No issues if I'm using bluetooth now, turn off the car, come back and try to connect whether again to bluetooth or AndroidAuto.

Haven't noticed any other lag, but I am coming from a 2009 Civic and a 1996 TL (project car) so maybe I just can't compare to a better system.

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV Touring, 2022 Civic Touring Sedan
I just got my 2022 Touring yesterday and put my Galaxy S9 on it right away and no issues at all with Android Auto. I wonder if it is an Apple CarPlay issue?

OP
OP
eric__

eric__

First Name
eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Touring (Meteorite Gray)
I just got my 2022 Touring yesterday and put my Galaxy S9 on it right away and no issues at all with Android Auto. I wonder if it is an Apple CarPlay issue?
It could be. It took a few days for the lag to finally appear for me.

I read people kept having disconnection issues on android auto. For the most part the lag is very rare for me but when it does happen it’s just very noticeable. Usually when the car has been sitting out in the hot sun seems to trigger it becoming more sluggish

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I read people kept having disconnection issues on android auto.
I think this is an issue in general regardless of Honda or not for wireless AA.

I don't drive a whole lot these days so I will have to take note of it when I do.

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't drive a whole lot these days so I will have to take note of it when I do.
OK, so I have been driving around just enough and using wireless AA and it definitely seems to disconnect but then reconnect, randomly. Not frequently to super annoy me but I would hope that either Honda or Google, whoever is at fault, fixes the issue.

For those wondering and missed it above, I use a Samsung Galaxy S9 fully patched and updated.

scottzee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Touring
Yes, this is driving my nuts! I have a 2022 Civic Touring and I’ve tried both wired and wireless CarPlay. I’d say about 25% of the time, it will resume my Audible audiobook but skip every few seconds. The screen becomes unresponsive - I’ll tap and it won’t register the tap until much later. If I can get it to navigate using Google Maps on CarPlay, the navigation will be so delayed that it’s worthless. At first I thought it was an overheating thing, but now that it’s autumn and it’s cooled down a bit, I’m still seeing the issue. Really hoping for a firmware fix soon!

delilahgarza4

First Name
Delilah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Hello! I have a Honda Civic touring and my Apple CarPlay is extremely laggy! Every time I change songs it takes about a few seconds before my car registers it.

Baldilocks

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
No lag on mine. I’ll have to check and see what version my system is running.