• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2022 Civic: Extreme Lag on Entertainment System at Start

Are you having extreme lag on the audio screen?

• Yes, Just Android Auto is extremely laggy from time to time

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

josh_hp

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Hatchback - Sport Touring
Startup still takes time, as it does with most computers. But if lag & video artifacts continue past a minute or two, the quick CarPlay restart has helped a ton. Hopefully Honda fixes this for good, or I'm going Tesla.

elisalsa24

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boost Blue FK8
Startup still takes time, as it does with most computers. But if lag & video artifacts continue past a minute or two, the quick CarPlay restart has helped a ton. Hopefully Honda fixes this for good, or I'm going Tesla.
How are those 2 cars even comparable. In a tesla you're getting shotty build quality and no carplay so if carplay is your issue and you want a cheap car go toyota. Get a hybrid they now run at insane MPG

josh_hp

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How are those 2 cars even comparable. In a tesla you're getting shotty build quality and no carplay so if carplay is your issue and you want a cheap car go toyota. Get a hybrid they now run at insane MPG
You have a point, that the Tesla is a far higher quality car than the Honda. 6 trips to the dealership with major powertrain + tech malfunctions will do it for me on the Civic. Electric is the future, and Honda’s got some catching up to do!

elisalsa24

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boost Blue FK8
You have a point, that the Tesla is a far higher quality car than the Honda. 6 trips to the dealership with major powertrain + tech malfunctions will do it for me on the Civic. Electric is the future, and Honda’s got some catching up to do!
Drive whatever tesla model you'd like to own before buying it. From my experience I hated it, but we are different people. If you're having powertrain issues in a brand new car you have a lemon and you probably should consider getting a lawyer

josh_hp

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Drive whatever tesla model you'd like to own before buying it. From my experience I hated it, but we are different people. If you're having powertrain issues in a brand new car you have a lemon and you probably should consider getting a lawyer
Test-driven, and considered! Will update the masses if this changes.

P.S. FK7 lookin’ good

minato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Touring 2022
I have these issues what helped is me reseting my iPhone before even getting to my car to alleviate these issues.
However since I updated my iPhone to the iOS 16 Public Beta I have not getting any issues with Carplay since then.(Been like 4 drives) Will be driving again today to update on it.

edit: yeah no real issues like I used to have on iOS15. Only thing was the maps app froze completely and crashed even after I closed it and re opened it(mind you this is a beta so there will be bugs) had to restart my iPhone to get the maps working again. Which I couldn't do while driving so I just switched on to the Car's navigation system. Besides that it logs into my iPhone quick when its plugged on USB

Last edited:
OP
OP
eric__

eric__

First Name
eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Touring (Meteorite Gray)
I have these issues what helped is me reseting my iPhone before even getting to my car to alleviate these issues.
However since I updated my iPhone to the iOS 16 Public Beta I have not getting any issues with Carplay since then.(Been like 4 drives) Will be driving again today to update on it.

edit: yeah no real issues like I used to have on iOS15. Only thing was the maps app froze completely and crashed even after I closed it and re opened it(mind you this is a beta so there will be bugs) had to restart my iPhone to get the maps working again. Which I couldn't do while driving so I just switched on to the Car's navigation system. Besides that it logs into my iPhone quick when its plugged on USB
That’s interesting. My post #41 with the extreme graphical glitches was on iOS 16 Dev Beta 2. Waze definitely does it the most, followed by Google Maps a little, and never really seen it on Apple Maps.

I think in my case, the head unit must not have been able to handle the amount of data coming in from the maps app and the sound.

minato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Touring 2022
That’s interesting. My post #41 with the extreme graphical glitches was on iOS 16 Dev Beta 2. Waze definitely does it the most, followed by Google Maps a little, and never really seen it on Apple Maps.

I think in my case, the head unit must not have been able to handle the amount of data coming in from the maps app and the sound.
Yeah was about to say it still has the same issues unfortunately.
Its not as worse but its still there smh
However just restarting my iPhone gets it fixed.
This has to be an issue on Honda’s end then when are they going to release a new firmware because this is ridiculous especially for a touring

obadiah3377

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Sport Touring
I’ve had this carplay lag issue since I purchased my 2022 civic sport touring a little over a year ago. I think I discovered the solution a few days ago, and it’s been working perfectly for me ever since. It requires accessing developer mode and disabling unused apps in the infotainment system. I’ve made a video to explain.

Sponsored