• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
My reasoning for something like the BRZ/86 is RWD.... I live in the midwest... I need a fun car that can be my DD even through a bad winter and having never driven RWD I wouldn't trust myself to safely get through a bad winter in one. I need FWD or AWD. I love coupes, and pretty much all affordable coupe options now are RWD, but I just don't live in the right climate for one as a DD.

As for the Veloster N... I considered that option as well. It's a great car, coupe-like enough, performance is great, price point is fine, but the interior quality totally killed that option for me... it's SO cheap inside it's almost a crime hyundai charges as much as they do for it. The Veloster (even the discontinued turbo and regular trims) more or less held pace with the civics in terms of price, but the interior is such a massive step down compared to the civic, even more so with the new 11th gens.

I've also considered the GTI... the price is a bit higher than I would want to pay just to get all the features I would want I'd have to go top trim level which is gonna push near $40k, but I also don't fully trust VW's reliability. On a more superficial note, I also don't love the new GTI styling... it's just a bit... odd, especially the front end.
Take the Subaru Winter Driving Experience, you'll be fine. I drove a 330i ZHP through 10 Massachusetts winters, RWD is awesome, but you need an LSD, that car had an open diff.

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
Should be 6mT AWD 250 hp turbo, since it's supposed to use the GR4 drivetrain.

I'll give it a serious look if it's most fun to drive in class. Don't love the hatch styling, the sloping trunk ruins the trunk space and the look imo.

olla_hot_hatch_renderings_wheels_brendan_wiseman_3.jpg
Vroom vroom

But seriously, rear seat room loses to Type R, cargo room loses to Type R, aesthetics are subjective, but if they pull out a winner on price, I might be swayed. At this point, it looks better to me than Hyundai's "N" cars

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
Vroom vroom

But seriously, rear seat room loses to Type R, cargo room loses to Type R, aesthetics are subjective, but if they pull out a winner on price, I might be swayed. At this point, it looks better to me than Hyundai's "N" cars
To me it comes down to how's the car to drive, cause the regular Corolla is a borefest. If this is half as good to drive as the GR4, I'll give it a look. It's probably going to be $5k less than the Type R.

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
Yeah, all reports say it's the 3 cylinder turbo, 6mT and AWD system (70/30 rear/front split!) from the GR4. Lot of reports it'll be tuned higher for the Corolla, it's 257 hp in the GR4.
What a day, 257hp is over 80hp/cyl. Even big thumpers like the Husky 701 only turn 75 or so.
To me it comes down to how's the car to drive, cause the regular Corolla is a borefest. If this is half as good to drive as the GR4, I'll give it a look. It's probably going to be $5k less than the Type R.
Yeah, I should feel that way (I promise my mind is on the same page), but Type-R!

Glad for the extra competition and options out there. The next 2-4 years before the end of ICE as we know it will be a good last hurrah

peterZ

First Name
peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatch 6MT Lunar Silver Metallic
We have a 2018 Honda Civic Sport 6MT hatch and a 2021 Mazda 3 Premium 6MT hatch. They are very different but both absolutely awesome cars. The Honda is more basic but has awesomely consistent gas mileage (44.0+), where as the Mazda is ultra plush with the beautiful maroon/red leather interior and less great mileage (36.5+). I love them both, especially with the manual transmissions.
11th Gen Honda Civic 2022 Civic Touring Sedan beats out 5 rivals : Mazda 3, Jetta, Elantra, Sentra, Corolla [Car and Driver Competition] 1635789965839

11th Gen Honda Civic 2022 Civic Touring Sedan beats out 5 rivals : Mazda 3, Jetta, Elantra, Sentra, Corolla [Car and Driver Competition] 1635790038305

peterZ

First Name
peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatch 6MT Lunar Silver Metallic
Tony, the Civic is more "click, click", and the 3 is a bit more smooth very much like a Miata. Both shift equally well with positive engagement. The 3 has the actual gear indicator in the gauge cluster which is really cool if you are day dreaming (see the 6 below). I think Honda has always had the very best manual shifters out there.
11th Gen Honda Civic 2022 Civic Touring Sedan beats out 5 rivals : Mazda 3, Jetta, Elantra, Sentra, Corolla [Car and Driver Competition] 1635849271223
Sponsored