• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2022 Si - Heated Seats?

EcoVtec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
̶2̶0̶1̶8̶ ̶S̶i̶ ̶S̶e̶d̶a̶n̶ 2019 Accord 2.0 Sport
In the market for a 22 Si and of course am disappointed with the lack of heated seats in the first model year. Coming from a 10th gen, I know this was a standard feature and if I’m not mistaken it looks like the seats are being recycled for the 11th gen. Further, I know Canadian Si models have heated seats.

With rumors being that the chip shortage was the major reason behind the lack of features in the USDM Si models, how wishful of thinking is it that the seats may actually have the heating elements included in them but just don’t include the switch on the hvac module and/or wiring? LOL anyone with a 2022 Si want to investigate?
Sponsored

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2022 Subaru WRX
What I've heard is that Honda of America wanted to keep the cost of the Civic as low as possible to compete with other brands that had more powerful vehicles at higher prices. Honda of America specified the options for the Si and they cut out options which lowered the cost. It worked to some extent as many car reviews noted the Si was priced better than most of the competition. I doubt the heaters would be in the seats if it was a cost cutting measure as most of the cost would be the seat heater pad. I could be wrong though. Hard to say.

I'm a Canadian with an Si with heated seats, and I have said it a few times that the heated seats don't do much for me. I still enter a cold vehicle every morning and I sit on a cold seat, for the heated seats to be of value to me I would need remote start so I could enter a warm vehicle and seat, but that is not possible. Secondly, the material of the Si seat doesn't get nearly as cold as I would expect, they are far less cold than leather seats. They don't feel to cold to me even in frigid temps. Some people may like the heat up the seats while driving down the road for their butt and back, in winter I wear a heavy jacket and pants and thermal under garments, the heated seats aren't that useful. If I didn't have the seats I wouldn't miss them. I will take them as they were included in the vehicle cost, if I had to pay for them I probably would not take them. It takes about 3+ minutes for the seats and steering wheel to heat up, so you are on the cold seats and holding the cold steering wheel for 3-5 minutes before they change to a warm temp. I like having them for no extra cost but they don't make or break the car for me.

OP
OP
EcoVtec

EcoVtec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
̶2̶0̶1̶8̶ ̶S̶i̶ ̶S̶e̶d̶a̶n̶ 2019 Accord 2.0 Sport
What I've heard is that Honda of America wanted to keep the cost of the Civic as low as possible to compete with other brands that had more powerful vehicles at higher prices. Honda of America specified the options for the Si and they cut out options which lowered the cost. It worked to some extent as many car reviews noted the Si was priced better than most of the competition. I doubt the heaters would be in the seats if it was a cost cutting measure as most of the cost would be the seat heater pad. I could be wrong though. Hard to say.

I'm a Canadian with an Si with heated seats, and I have said it a few times that the heated seats don't do much for me. I still enter a cold vehicle every morning and I sit on a cold seat, for the heated seats to be of value to me I would need remote start so I could enter a warm vehicle and seat, but that is not possible. Secondly, the material of the Si seat doesn't get nearly as cold as I would expect, they are far less cold than leather seats. They don't feel to cold to me even in frigid temps. Some people may like the heat up the seats while driving down the road for their butt and back, in winter I wear a heavy jacket and pants and thermal under garments, the heated seats aren't that useful. If I didn't have the seats I wouldn't miss them. I will take them as they were included in the vehicle cost, if I had to pay for them I probably would not take them. It takes about 3+ minutes for the seats and steering wheel to heat up, so you are on the cold seats and holding the cold steering wheel for 3-5 minutes before they change to a warm temp. I like having them for no extra cost but they don't make or break the car for me.
Thanks for your post friend! Not sure about the pad install/manufacturing of the seats and the cost cutting there. You are probably right though.

Agreed that it’s not exactly a dealbreaker, and we certainly don’t get as cold down here in OH compared to you. I could live without them, but I bet I would be slightly annoyed if the next model year of the USDM Si gets these features. Oh well though, not the end of the world. Cheers!

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2022 Subaru WRX
Thanks for your post friend! Not sure about the pad install/manufacturing of the seats and the cost cutting there. You are probably right though.

Agreed that it’s not exactly a dealbreaker, and we certainly don’t get as cold down here in OH compared to you. I could live without them, but I bet I would be slightly annoyed if the next model year of the USDM Si gets these features. Oh well though, not the end of the world. Cheers!
I am willing to bet the 2023 Si gets heated seats and the steering wheel and the wireless charging, Honda is hearing the backlash for sure. They will increase the price though, pretty sure. Just my guess.

Jessegovols

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda CRV, 2023 Civic Sport Touring (6MT)
Here is the thing that kind of gets me. The Civic Sport Touring (which they produce a lot more of) did not lose any features, and the price rose only around 3%. The Si gained a 2000-dollar price increase with the loss of many features. Even with the things it gained it should have been completely offset with all the lost features.