• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2022 Type R - Pumped for the wait and reveal

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2005 WRX Wagon, 2013 X5M, 2019 Type R!!!
Getting more excited for the 11th gen as I read and obsess more about the camo shots. I'm really hoping a slightly different / seating feel as the FK8 was juuust off for my wife and wasn't a comfortable ride for her. (one of the primary reasons I let it go)

Aside from that have you guys noticed that it appears they are really focused on the heat issue? Check out the hood - it looks like it will have an opening from the front edge, not in the area where the current hoodscoop is. This could really help vent out hot air like an aftermarket Varis hood and others do for the FK8 platform. What do you guys think?

11th Gen Honda Civic 2022 Type R - Pumped for the wait and reveal 2022-civic-type-r-testing-europe-4-

Glad they are coming back with SGP it looks like, I'll more than likely shoot for that color again. Very interested to see which way they go with wheel/tire setup as well!

Is it 2022 yet? :x
Sponsored

HawaiiPunch

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Elantra N
[/QUOTE]

God do I feel that lol put my order in for one back in February. We’ll get there eventually ??

OP
OP
NapalmEnema

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God do I feel that lol put my order in for one back in February. We’ll get there eventually ??
[/QUOTE]

How can you put an order in for a car that far out in advance?

HawaiiPunch

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Elantra N

How can you put an order in for a car that far out in advance?
I had gone to order a 2021 type r and they said that there were no more new ones available, but that I could put the deposit down and they would convert it into a 2022 type r order once they were able to put in for allocation in their system, which they told me that they did back in April I believe.

No idea if that's true or not, but that is what I was told.

turbomike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Honda Canda - West, the track, not in your DMs
Vehicle(s)
23 FL5 CTR, 22 MDX-S, 20 FK8 CTR
2023 Type R.

I made a deposit, subject on price and final reveal

OP
OP
NapalmEnema

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R.

I made a deposit, subject on price and final reveal
Someone in the CivicX actually had some compelling info that it will be a 2022 but we will see!

HawaiiPunch

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Elantra N
I believe it’s the case of calling it a “Model Year 2023” but it releases 2022. There was a video or press statement from Honda about the new civic hybrids that said something along the lines of “we are looking forward to launching the Civic hybrid and Type R in 2022.” I can’t remember exactly what it was from, but they basically confirmed a 2022 release date so I imagine they’re just calling it “2023 model year”.

turbomike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Honda Canda - West, the track, not in your DMs
Vehicle(s)
23 FL5 CTR, 22 MDX-S, 20 FK8 CTR
I believe it’s the case of calling it a “Model Year 2023” but it releases 2022. There was a video or press statement from Honda about the new civic hybrids that said something along the lines of “we are looking forward to launching the Civic hybrid and Type R in 2022.” I can’t remember exactly what it was from, but they basically confirmed a 2022 release date so I imagine they’re just calling it “2023 model year”.
Books open in 2022 for a 2023 model

vandalSI

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic Si sedan
i'm looking at those fender flares that dont come down past the back of the wheel arches. is that going to be an issue throwing rocks and road debris up on the sides of the car?

typeR4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do sneakers count if I put wheels on them?
Just put in my deposit for "2022 Unspecified Honda Item" a week ago. For all I know it could be a pen, or lawn mower.

I haven't been on one of these forums for a long time. Excited for this! Come on Type R!!!