• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Lamotrigine

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GE8
You mean oil dilution in the 1.5turbos sold in cold climates that was remedied? Most of newer Hondas problems are related to the air conditioner and head unit. Hardly stuff that I’d call a serious problem compared to other manufacturers ie. Kia’s/Hyundais catching on fire, and now they still catch on fire after being repaired so they wouldn’t catch on fire. Honda is still top 3 when it comes to drivetrain and engine reliability.
Everyone is trying so hard to down hype the FL5:beer: even using reliability issues lmao.
Sponsored

elisalsa24

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boost Blue FK8
I hope its up power wise with the A45 S Amg around 400 hp and still great track performance

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
I hope its up power wise with the A45 S Amg around 400 hp and still great track performance
I can confidently say it will be nowhere near 400hp. I'd say 330 at most. Since next CRV is going hybrid awd I can see the Type R doing that also but a awd 400 type R is gonna be more than 50grand.

Shadow76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jazz
Can’t believe there will be anything more than 10hp,
When the FN2 replaced the EP3, Honda treated us to 1hp 😂

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Can’t believe there will be anything more than 10hp,
When the FN2 replaced the EP3, Honda treated us to 1hp 😂
I know we all are focusing on that, but I think it will be 10-20hp. 1hp and the current 11th Gen platform, I don’t think is enough to beat the FK8 LE.

First Name
Hong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Honda is never known to boost huge power. Look at all their lineups, general theme is they bump small power but also weights go up a little bit too. Yes, most powerful, I think 5 to 15 at most, that's it. Or tweaking the power band.
Fact: 11th Gen Hatch weights more than 10th G Hatch.

Don't forget, we don't know the weight of the rim and tire together on the FL5 yet, 265/30/19 MS4S is 24lbs each, 245/30/20 Conti is 23 lbs each. Maybe they are offsetting unsprung weight by adding power?

Faster, likely by a little, but newer tire compound helps.

jinnrice

First Name
Jin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic type R champion white
Honda is never known to boost huge power. Look at all their lineups, general theme is they bump small power but also weights go up a little bit too. Yes, most powerful, I think 5 to 15 at most, that's it. Or tweaking the power band.

Don't forget, we don't know the weight of the rim and tire together on the FL5 yet, 265/30/19 MS4S is 24lbs each, 245/30/20 Conti is 23 lbs each. Maybe they are offsetting unsprung weight by adding power?

Can only wish haha since it will be the last gas powered. Last CTR with 400 hp from factory. Going out with a bang

sackofcheese

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic SI, 1994 Miata (track toy)

The tire is heavier, but I bet the wheel will be lighter so it will be a wash for unsprung weight. However going to a 265 from the factory means probably a 9” wide wheel (even though you can squeeze a 265 onto a 8.5”)

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack
Too much focus on power, as there are quite a few ways to make a car faster without adding any:

- gearing/differential ratios (improved LSD)
- tires
- suspension (plays a huge part in your ability to launch aggressively and accurately)
- chassis tuning/weight distribution
- dialing out turbo lag and dialing in boost by gear
- faster/more accurate shifting tranny

Village911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 #839
Too much focus on power, as there are quite a few ways to make a car faster without adding any:

- gearing/differential ratios (improved LSD)
- tires
- suspension (plays a huge part in your ability to launch aggressively and accurately)
- chassis tuning/weight distribution
- dialing out turbo lag and dialing in boost by gear
- faster/more accurate shifting tranny
This.
Sponsored