• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack
To those who don’t like it:

Nobody is forcing you to buy it lol

The more you hate on it, the more units we will have available at launch.
Sponsored

Turbonium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93' EG B18C
I hope we get around 300hp, not 340-350.

This engine is only a 2.0 turbo and the best part of K20C1 is the liability (not fuel economy, but actual liability). If you want more hp, tune it by yourself. I aint in high school anymore! ;)
nonsense. Tuning it by u yourself will reduce so call "liability". And i think you meant to say "reliability".

If honda puts out a fl5 with more power, I'm confident they would also make sure it's reliable as well, it's a honda after all.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Honda's reliability isn't what it used to be 20 years ago. They had some serious timing issues on the CRVs and engines with oil sludging issues. Also for the longest time Honda has failures with their autos in the V6.

Village911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 #839
nonsense. Tuning it by u yourself will reduce so call "liability". And i think you meant to say "reliability".

If honda puts out a fl5 with more power, I'm confident they would also make sure it's reliable as well, it's a honda after all.
Oops! I meant reliability ☺ And i was being sarcastic on tuning haha

ctrc2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model3
can't wait. i wonder if Canadian version will come with fogs like the Si.

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
Honda's reliability isn't what it used to be 20 years ago. They had some serious timing issues on the CRVs and engines with oil sludging issues. Also for the longest time Honda has failures with their autos in the V6.
confused as to what you’re trying to say…lol. So what vehicles have “sludge” issues, which crv had “timing issues” and Honda has had weak auto v6 transmissions dating back further than the “20 years ago” when they were reliable.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
CRVs has timing chain failures and 1.5 turbos have had and still have premature sludging. Honda manuals still have 2nd gear grinds and everyone just seems to turn the other way. I guess its all depends on someones experience, I owned a Mazdaspeed6 with s2 and driven hard and never had a single issue and that car was known to be unreliable. Also had a VW R32 that was a lemon and my current GTI has been mostly trouble free.

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
CRVs has timing chain failures and 1.5 turbos have had and still have premature sludging.
these are known issues? I’ve serviced hundreds and I haven’t seen one timing chain failure & premature sludging on any 1.5T. Any service new articles or bulletins on these known serious issues?

FK7_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback sport
enough that that is class action lawsuits. Honda will never admit fault.
You mean oil dilution in the 1.5turbos sold in cold climates that was remedied? Most of newer Hondas problems are related to the air conditioner and head unit. Hardly stuff that I’d call a serious problem compared to other manufacturers ie. Kia’s/Hyundais catching on fire, and now they still catch on fire after being repaired so they wouldn’t catch on fire. Honda is still top 3 when it comes to drivetrain and engine reliability.
Sponsored