• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

TheKrumpet

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 S2000
For St. Louis/MO/IL folks I know a lot of the Honda dealers are still charging 2-5k markups on their FL5's (Bommarito, West County, Ed Napleton, Frank Leta, Honda Frontenac).

Dave Mungenast Honda asked me for a $1k refundable deposit and promised me an in transit 2024 CW at MSRP + $531 for accessories (all weather mats/cargo tray ~$316 value) and a $499 dealer fee.
So $46,661 MSRP as built and an invoice of $47375

We will see if they keep their word when it arrives. They said it was weird no one had put a deposit for it yet. They also said they were willing to order any color or setup you wanted, but I'm not sure how real that is.

I had almost given up hope before I asked them. They said plenty of out of state people had bought from them also.

Update: I got Ed Napleton (46345+649+587 dealer fee), Frank Leta (same as Mungenast -$100), and Serra to MSRP in the STL area also. Mungenast now has a BB inbound and they will only charge sticker also.

Last edited:

icemansi

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 1995 Chevy K1500 Pickup
Just place a deposit for a BB at MSRP in the northeast after calling dealer #6. No forced accessories and a lowish dealer processing fee. $49.3 out the door after taxes, tags, registration, etc.
That ain’t bad at all

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
I’ve got 3 champ white FL5s coming in May if anyone is interested. Selling price is the same as what you see on the window sticker posted above.
MSRP+$1995= $48340

Maiko

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
91 b2600i
I’ve got 3 champ white FL5s coming in May if anyone is interested. Selling price is the same as what you see on the window sticker posted above.
MSRP+$1995= $48340
Does Florida do the sales tax exemption thing if you're military? It's a WA State thing but the dealer in Indiana wouldn't honor it for whatever reason. Got the papers from them and they want $1300 out of state fee as well. Might have to tell them to pound sand :/ plus they have my taxes wrong since it's Colorado. Promised 46,300 plus 225. Now I see the price at 47+.

I'm gonna talk to them tomorrow but I might have to look elsewhere.

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
Does Florida do the sales tax exemption thing if you're military? It's a WA State thing but the dealer in Indiana wouldn't honor it for whatever reason. Got the papers from them and they want $1300 out of state fee as well. Might have to tell them to pound sand :/ plus they have my taxes wrong since it's Colorado. Promised 46,300 plus 225. Now I see the price at 47+.

I'm gonna talk to them tomorrow but I might have to look elsewhere.
Unfortunately no, Florida doesn’t exempt sales tax for military personnel. Out of state fee? Never heard that before, to be honest, when purchasing out of state you’re at the mercy of the dealership doing the deal. They are free to charge whatever extra fees they deem necessary because they can’t provide you with after-sales service. BS I know, but that’s just the way it is.

Maiko

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
91 b2600i
Unfortunately no, Florida doesn’t exempt sales tax for military personnel. Out of state fee? Never heard that before, to be honest, when purchasing out of state you’re at the mercy of the dealership doing the deal. They are free to charge whatever extra fees they deem necessary because they can’t provide you with after-sales service. BS I know, but that’s just the way it is.
For sure, totally get that the dealership can charge whatever. I'll just talk to them tomorrow and terminate if not. We agree on MSRP plus 225 so. It's whatever, I can wait.

And it's a Washington law, as long I register the car in WA, I can be exempt from sales tax. I have to be on active duty status outside of WA and have to purchase the vehicle out of WA State. Others have done it since it's a pretty cool benefit. I guess dealerships just don't want to deal with it.
Sponsored