• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
^ We are dying of type r thirst and Honda just decides to serve up a shit load of type r’s for fn dealer test drives? Forgive me for being punchy but thats BS.
Sponsored

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
It’s a common (normal) practice for Japanese manufacturers to prioritize selling a limited product to its citizens first, regardless of global demand; that includes making extra copies for the purpose of display/test drives. They take pride in it and it’s part of the culture.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
^ We are dying of type r thirst and Honda just decides to serve up a shit load of type r’s for fn dealer test drives? Forgive me for being punchy but thats BS.
Don't be surprised if this practice doesn't become more prevalent. Obviously not on a Type R but...

Honda will occasionally (even before 2019) provide US dealers with a model they couldn't sell for 6 months. It's purpose was to allow customer to experience the vehicle and order/claim incoming cars.

I think that dealers/manufacturers may consider less is more approach. Not as tight as it is now but a more measured look at day supply so that they can offer less incentives.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Don't be surprised if this practice doesn't become more prevalent. Obviously not on a Type R but...

Honda will occasionally (even before 2019) provide US dealers with a model they couldn't sell for 6 months. It's purpose was to allow customer to experience the vehicle and order/claim incoming cars.

I think that dealers/manufacturers may consider less is more approach. Not as tight as it is now but a more measured look at day supply so that they can offer less incentives.
That’s greatly misunderstanding the end customer / consumer. Those who are looking to buy a type R (particularly in todays over all market) absolutely and unequivocally do not feel the need to test drive the car before buying. Honda just produced a boat load of cars in a resource and capacity constrained environment that could have gone to customers but didn’t - almost as bad as Acuras branding of the Teg if you ask me. Missing the mark.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
That’s greatly misunderstanding the end customer / consumer. Those who are looking to buy a type R (particularly in todays over all market) absolutely and unequivocally do not feel the need to test drive the car before buying. Honda just produced a boat load of cars in a resource and capacity constrained environment that could have gone to customers but didn’t - almost as bad as Acuras branding of the Teg if you ask me. Missing the mark.
I'm not familiar with what works best in Japan. However here in the states a high percentage of people want to drive the car.

The manufacturer themselves want the customer to drive the car. The dealer wants the customer to drive the car.

Acura seems to be doing quite well selling the Integra. The percentage of people who want a manual transmission in my mind speaks to the attachment of the Integra name. Will that help it keep success in a very competitive segment with excellent alternatives. We will see. Honda likes bringing back names... No matter it is good or bad thoughts that come to mind when you hear it.

Honda Passport
Acura ZDX

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
Off topic, looks on Iike GM just pushed out almost a Z06 production to start in 2023 now. Some early asoptors still getting 2022 builds but vast majority pushed into 2023.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
I read that. Seems like some issues getting out V models form Caddie too

typeR4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do sneakers count if I put wheels on them?
Found this on IG. Looks like test drives of Type-R is a thing in Japan. So it's possible no one has actually received them yet. Please...I need one...yesterday! Lol

There's more on IG if you just follow some of the Japanese hashtags.

Last edited:

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Yeah that’s got me salty AF. And no, most US customers don't feel the need to drive one before they buy. Ive watched these vids and most of the drivers don’t hardly even know how to drive a manual. I just feel like its an incredible wast when true enthusiasts have been waiting on the sidelines for a year.

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
Yeah that’s got me salty AF. And no, most US customers don't feel the need to drive one before they buy. Ive watched these vids and most of the drivers don’t hardly even know how to drive a manual. I just feel like its an incredible wast when true enthusiasts have been waiting on the sidelines for a year.
Dumbest fucking move they could have made. With production down 40% etc, you'd think thr business minded people at HQ would send these 400 units out for sale. Keep dealerships happy, customers, brand equity and build hype faster over the GRC.

Tards at HQ....

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
^ yep 👍

Kind of a big FU to North America…

Let see if they can somehow “go and do something like that and…..TOTALLY redeem themselves”

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
Lol you thought I was kidding about them having vehicles at the dealership for people to test drive before ordering?

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
I think you guys are getting a little bent out of shape for no reason. When the cars are manufactured hundreds of miles away (compared to across an ocean) what would be the point of keeping them under lock and key in a warehouse for months to time the global release? If they get to sit at dealerships and they get extra marketing in their home country why wouldn't Honda do it? This is a halo car - nothing about this is a profit maker for the company.

As far as I'm concerned I'd rather not have mine be the first off the production line. It's bad enough buying the first model year of a vehicle... Let them work out the kinks and send the 2000+ numbers to the US.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Nah, its a bs move. Crazy would be pulling my deposit. Look, sometimes things need to be called out for what they are, and in this case, they done messed up A-A-ron.
Sponsored