• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
yeah I guess you're right. I agree that 5k over is definitely possible, I just don't have the time or patience for it. One week of searching was more than enough for me, kudos to those that have the patience to deal with these dealerships for weeks or months on end. That being said the type r just feels like such a more special car to me over the type s that I'm leaning towards going against my beliefs as you say, and just going with the type r. I don't like being so indecisive, but this is a big purchase for me. I appreciate the input.
I understand. Good luck and let us know how it works out for you. :thumbsup:
Sponsored

Estoril4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport Mt, 2017 Toyota 4runner XP, 2014 Audi S4, 2017 CBP Type R
yeah I guess you're right. I agree that 5k over is definitely possible, I just don't have the time or patience for it. One week of searching was more than enough for me, kudos to those that have the patience to deal with these dealerships for weeks or months on end. That being said the type r just feels like such a more special car to me over the type s that I'm leaning towards going against my beliefs as you say, and just going with the type r. I don't like being so indecisive, but this is a big purchase for me. I appreciate the input.
Let's put it this way, if you're keeping this car 10 years plus, that extra 6k you paid in year one will be a distant memory and would have been well worth it if amortized over that time period. Worst case? You get to sample something you've been dreaming about and lose out on 1-2k after driving it for some time and deciding its not for you. If a rental company offered a type R I figure it'd cost you 400-500 a day to test out, not sure about you but that amount of money you're risking is worth potentially falling in love. Hope this mental gymnastics makes sense lol

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
More allocations have been added, so for those of you still looking its time to make some phone calls.

My dealership has been allocated a CW and an SGP. if anyone is interested btw

menikmati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX STI, BRZ, FL5
More allocations have been added, so for those of you still looking its time to make some phone calls.

I'm still in search of a CW but not familiar with your dealership pricing, can you disclose any numbers via PM?

Thank you

1971Camaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru crosstrek
Hello all, I've decided to stick with the championship white as I believe it's gonna be different enough from the standard white cars I'm used to. Although black looks amazing, more mature and classy due to everything matching, in my opinion. After calling around for a week morning till night (about a month ago), I got my current deal for around 54.5k otd, 6k markup. I couldn't spend more than a week calling dealers because it was driving me crazy dealing with the dealerships. The car arrives in about a week or less. I also have a refundable deposit on an integra type s for msrp when that was announced. Do you guys think 6k is fair in this current market? Obviously no markup is fair I understand, but since this is a limited car that will hold it's value better than the type s, should I go with the type r over the type s at msrp? I'm having last minute doubts about the type r due to the markup I'm paying. This is only my second car after my mazda 3 which I've had for 11 years so that's why its a tough decision, I don't switch cars often. Any advice is greatly appreciated, thanks!

I paid 7k markup/56K OTD and i haven't regretted it...so happy! Then again...the car is IDEAL for my needs and lifestyle -- which is what i keep telling everyone to consider. You need to ignore the hype and the image and think hard about what YOU want/need in a car. If you have dogs and kids, then a 2-seater coupe isn't the answer...unless that coupe is going to be a weekend-only car. You get the idea... (aka do you really, truly want a FWD, MT, hard suspension, small gas tank, no heated seats, hatch back, decent cargo but nothing like an SUV...with a Honda tag?)

also, the average markup was already discussed on this forum -- it is 5-7k. Some have been lucky to get less, and at 6k, you are in good company. So, it's only your own finances that are paramount to consider.

Be logical about your emotional purchase 🙃 :yes:

Last edited:

ELIAS64

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23’ Type R
CW FL5 in South Florida.

$5k ADM capped by corporate.. hit me up.

mutasim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 SGP Civic Type R

Any new allocations in the Northeast?

1971Camaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru crosstrek

ELIAS64

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23’ Type R

Aliboy

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I’m looking for cw, blue, or sgp. If any one has any leads near Colorado or In delivery range for around 5k adm it would be greatly appreciated. I’ll post if I find any deals