• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

27won short ram intake

OP
OP

22Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si
Well seems mine is ahead of schedule and here tomorrow! Hope I can find time to install it.
Sponsored

Spitfire

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2022 Hatchback Sport (1.5l)
Well seems mine is ahead of schedule and here tomorrow! Hope I can find time to install it.
Amazing! Don’t forget to tag me if you get the chance. Mine shipped today so I expect it to come within 4-7 days. I won’t be back until the 13th though! I’ll do the same & we can compare :)

OP
OP

22Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si
Yea will do! I hope I'm able to install it tomorrow too!

OP
OP

22Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si
Just got home and received it! Looks amazing! Already assembled, engine bay is way too hot to install unfortunately.

I'll attempt to install tomorrow. I think I have all my tools.

11th Gen Honda Civic 27won short ram intake 20230906_181509

OP
OP

22Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si
Not me but someone installed

AshSerigala

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11-Gen Honda Civic Hatchback Sport-Touring
Amazing! Don’t forget to tag me if you get the chance. Mine shipped today so I expect it to come within 4-7 days. I won’t be back until the 13th though! I’ll do the same & we can compare :)
Mine is also expected to deliver on the 12th-13th. Hoping to grab some misc sound clips of the current setup ( PRL HVI ) cold-start + windows up/down and take some ktuner logs of temps.

Nice video find though! Looks like that guy had the same setup I have currently, and swapped to the same exact 27WON SRI. Color and all! haha

OP
OP

22Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si
Mine is also expected to deliver on the 12th-13th. Hoping to grab some misc sound clips of the current setup ( PRL HVI ) cold-start + windows up/down and take some ktuner logs of temps.

Nice video find though! Looks like that guy had the same setup I have currently, and swapped to the same exact 27WON SRI. Color and all! haha

Ok just installed and is about mid 60s here. Under regular driving you don't hear it much. But when you get on it, holy sh$t! It is loud! You hear the turbo spool and then the release from the bov. It is very loud on the outside I assume. With windows down and in tunnels it's crazy! Definitely turns heads on the street!

I'll post more later. You guys will love it!

I cut through a retail parking structure/garage and it's very loud lol.

OP
OP

22Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si

See above bro you'll love it.

Spitfire

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alright guys! Mine should be here within the next 3-5 hours.

It was a long exhausting “vacation” but I’ll try & get some drive-by clips if I can.

OP
OP

22Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si
Alright guys! Mine should be here within the next 3-5 hours.

It was a long exhausting “vacation” but I’ll try & get some drive-by clips if I can.
Enjoy it! You'll love the sounds it makes! Especially with windows down!

Spitfire

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Enjoy it! You'll love the sounds it makes! Especially with windows down!
I only have one thing to say… & that’s wow!

AshSerigala

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11th Gen Honda Civic 27won short ram intake 1694943570476

Well, I woke up on my day off too-excited to do the swap and quickly yanked my PRL enclosure out to give it a quick install and test. Only took a few mins to remove the previous system ( Left the duct at the bottom ) Got that all kept aside on standby, not knowing what to expect. Being new to car-modding I half assumed paper-filter would be muffled/quiet vs oil-filter.

For sure is louder than the PRL HVI ( With Plus-Duct ). Its not like, crazy louder, but noticeably ( in the car windows up ). Id describe it as, if I'm driving around with no music, you can't miss it. Even on the highway with road noise I can still hear the wastegate dump with windows up.

Being a SRI and more open, I do feel you hear more of that 'raw' sound too. Instead of being strictlya smooth woossssh as you throttle and Psssh as you let off, I can hear more engine-tone in it..if that makes sense.

Temp wise..I only had one log so far to compare with the HVI. Logs being months apart but similar 72F vs 73F day. If the car is in motion. Rather it be 45MPH or70MPH. The temperatures at IAT/IAT2 were pretty much 100% identical. Very similar behavior to how IAT/IAT2 hug each other with only a couple degrees of deviation. Sorta what you'd expect. A lot of air moves through an engine bay, at speed, of course. So, that was nice to see. Some reason I expected different but, again..new to this.

Idling? Yeah. You do notice a change. On the enclosed intake, after a hour of highway driving and coming to the off-ramp to a lengthy redlight..like 3 minutes of waiting. The temps raised as much as 95F and stayed around there. on the 27WON SRI ( Same weather temp ) That exact same hour run, same redlight, It got to 109F. Which, expected. Engine bay heat. Car not moving. Trapped engine-bay heat, hot air. IAT2 was 93F. First time I ever saw that much diviation between those two. But, the HVI IAT2 was 95F, temp difference likely just driving conditions etc. Basically, as 27WON more/less said, intercooler does its job.

And...when that IAT temp was 108F at the redlight with the SRI. The second I started accelerating, by time I got to 45MPH, the IAT temp was right back down to the stable temp it was for like, 90% of the trip. 78F or about 6-8F over ambient temperature. Literally the same exact temps I'd get on the HVI. So yeah, the only disavantage I'm seeing is idle temps but with a simple redlight stop, those temps dont even effect anything after the intercooler. Stock intercooler btw. Waiting for 27WON to launch theirs.

So yeah. My long-winded reply to say I'm very happy with the product. Love the sounds. I can understand sorta why a non-car person would find it annoying and want that "Pure silence" luxury. I just like to hear mechanics...so I'm absolutely enjoying it. Rarely experience traffic-jams and weather stays 60s most of the year, below 40s the rest. Very happy with the amount of sound coming off the filter type too. No need to oil anything. I will still consider 27WON's up-coming enclosure but..for now I want to enjoy sounds haha!

Side note, I do love their radiator shroud. But now it looks a lil funcy having the plastic-ducting missing. But..thats just a visual preference haha, Oh! And also, When starting the car cold-start, the intake roar you get for the first 30 seconds or so is pretty hella loud. Windows up especially down its literally the absolute loudest thing about the car right now haha

OP
OP

22Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si
Thanks for the IAT readings. I'm waiting for their new intake shroud, hopefully it will cover up that area.

OP
OP

22Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si
1694943570476.png

Well, I woke up on my day off too-excited to do the swap and quickly yanked my PRL enclosure out to give it a quick install and test. Only took a few mins to remove the previous system ( Left the duct at the bottom ) Got that all kept aside on standby, not knowing what to expect. Being new to car-modding I half assumed paper-filter would be muffled/quiet vs oil-filter.

For sure is louder than the PRL HVI ( With Plus-Duct ). Its not like, crazy louder, but noticeably ( in the car windows up ). Id describe it as, if I'm driving around with no music, you can't miss it. Even on the highway with road noise I can still hear the wastegate dump with windows up.

Being a SRI and more open, I do feel you hear more of that 'raw' sound too. Instead of being strictlya smooth woossssh as you throttle and Psssh as you let off, I can hear more engine-tone in it..if that makes sense.

Temp wise..I only had one log so far to compare with the HVI. Logs being months apart but similar 72F vs 73F day. If the car is in motion. Rather it be 45MPH or70MPH. The temperatures at IAT/IAT2 were pretty much 100% identical. Very similar behavior to how IAT/IAT2 hug each other with only a couple degrees of deviation. Sorta what you'd expect. A lot of air moves through an engine bay, at speed, of course. So, that was nice to see. Some reason I expected different but, again..new to this.

Idling? Yeah. You do notice a change. On the enclosed intake, after a hour of highway driving and coming to the off-ramp to a lengthy redlight..like 3 minutes of waiting. The temps raised as much as 95F and stayed around there. on the 27WON SRI ( Same weather temp ) That exact same hour run, same redlight, It got to 109F. Which, expected. Engine bay heat. Car not moving. Trapped engine-bay heat, hot air. IAT2 was 93F. First time I ever saw that much diviation between those two. But, the HVI IAT2 was 95F, temp difference likely just driving conditions etc. Basically, as 27WON more/less said, intercooler does its job.

And...when that IAT temp was 108F at the redlight with the SRI. The second I started accelerating, by time I got to 45MPH, the IAT temp was right back down to the stable temp it was for like, 90% of the trip. 78F or about 6-8F over ambient temperature. Literally the same exact temps I'd get on the HVI. So yeah, the only disavantage I'm seeing is idle temps but with a simple redlight stop, those temps dont even effect anything after the intercooler. Stock intercooler btw. Waiting for 27WON to launch theirs.

So yeah. My long-winded reply to say I'm very happy with the product. Love the sounds. I can understand sorta why a non-car person would find it annoying and want that "Pure silence" luxury. I just like to hear mechanics...so I'm absolutely enjoying it. Rarely experience traffic-jams and weather stays 60s most of the year, below 40s the rest. Very happy with the amount of sound coming off the filter type too. No need to oil anything. I will still consider 27WON's up-coming enclosure but..for now I want to enjoy sounds haha!

Side note, I do love their radiator shroud. But now it looks a lil funcy having the plastic-ducting missing. But..thats just a visual preference haha, Oh! And also, When starting the car cold-start, the intake roar you get for the first 30 seconds or so is pretty hella loud. Windows up especially down its literally the absolute loudest thing about the car right now haha

I meant to ask, what are you using to pull IAT temps? Ktuner?

AshSerigala

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I meant to ask, what are you using to pull IAT temps? Ktuner?
Ktuner Yep! Got the older one since origionally I figured id prefer to do it by laptop and not have to keep a costly screen module in the car ( Ktuner V2 ) but now i sorta wish I got a V2 in a way? But yeah. Just connect to laptop..record..and drove around. Can save logs and review a graph over the entire drive and make conclusions!
Sponsored