• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

27won short ram intake

Vlad@27WON

First Name
Vlad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"22 Si, "23 Integra
Should have sound clips to share in the next few weeks!

OP
OP

22Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si
Did anyone else end up ordering this? Mine should be here next week.

Sounds and looks good

Spitfire

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2022 Hatchback Sport (1.5l)
Did anyone else end up ordering this? Mine should be here next week.

Sounds and looks good
Yeah! Mine should be here next week. I’ve never run an SRI before but I figure this will do great until 27WON’s CAI releases.

OP
OP

22Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si
Yeah! Mine should be here next week. I’ve never run an SRI before but I figure this will do great until 27WON’s CAI releases.
I might be out of town when mine arrives sadly.

Yes 27won is working on a grill air duct and cold/ram air conversion! Usually SRI are louder and really let you hear the turbo spool and bov.

Spitfire

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I might be out of town when mine arrives sadly.

Yes 27won is working on a grill air duct and cold/ram air conversion! Usually SRI are louder and really let you hear the turbo spool and bov.
Unfortunately same here, I’m out of town for a week. I leave on the 6th then get back on the 13th.

Definitely excited, I’ve always run a CAI in the past. The grill air duct (snorkel) + SRI should be a solid combination. I’d be curious to see different statistics on each setup.

Snorkel + CAI
Snorkel + SRI
CAI
SRI

It would be a great comparison. Either way, I’m waiting patiently :)

OP
OP

22Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si
Unfortunately same here, I’m out of town for a week. I leave on the 6th then get back on the 13th.

Definitely excited, I’ve always run a CAI in the past. The grill air duct (snorkel) + SRI should be a solid combination. I’d be curious to see different statistics on each setup.

Snorkel + CAI
Snorkel + SRI
CAI
SRI

It would be a great comparison. Either way, I’m waiting patiently :)
Ah man hopefully someone else installs it so we can see how they like it.

I've run both, but now with the random storms, floods and flash rains I don't want to risk it. People don't understand sometimes you'll get surrounded by a flash flood and then you're screwed. I also hate removing and cleaning the filter on a CAI. I had debated the 10th gen PRL CAI, but the fact this runs the ram/conversion kit had me sold.

AshSerigala

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11-Gen Honda Civic Hatchback Sport-Touring
Recently put an order in for one of these. Will form an opinion! Currently I have a CAI from another company. Definitely wakes the car up more. Love hearing the air rushing in and wastegate Psssh regaurdless of windows up or down. No modded exhaust or anything, but cold-start, the intake roar is currently the loudest thing on the car haha.

Never ran short-rams before. I live in a state that's pretty chilly/cold most the year. So I'm excited to get the 27WON SRI and compare it to my previous CAI mod. Though I didn't log any data on stock, I at least logged data on my current setup to compare numbers. What I like about 27Won's design is your not forced to do one or the other. It sounds future upgradable or if you're inclined, change by the season if need-be. Gona see how this sounds and how the numbers look via ktuner and time will tell what setup I opt to keep!

OP
OP

22Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si
Recently put an order in for one of these. Will form an opinion! Currently I have a CAI from another company. Definitely wakes the car up more. Love hearing the air rushing in and wastegate Psssh regaurdless of windows up or down. No modded exhaust or anything, but cold-start, the intake roar is currently the loudest thing on the car haha.

Never ran short-rams before. I live in a state that's pretty chilly/cold most the year. So I'm excited to get the 27WON SRI and compare it to my previous CAI mod. Though I didn't log any data on stock, I at least logged data on my current setup to compare numbers. What I like about 27Won's design is your not forced to do one or the other. It sounds future upgradable or if you're inclined, change by the season if need-be. Gona see how this sounds and how the numbers look via ktuner and time will tell what setup I opt to keep!

Which CAI do you currently run? It'd also great bc PRL and 27won keep the fuel trims close to stock. Versus some other brands that may cause issues.

I definitely want a downpipe and maybe an exhaust but love the spooling sound of a turbo with an intake. I currently have the sprint/spoon air filter drop in.

Spitfire

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Which CAI do you currently run? It'd also great bc PRL and 27won keep the fuel trims close to stock. Versus some other brands that may cause issues.

I definitely want a downpipe and maybe an exhaust but love the spooling sound of a turbo with an intake. I currently have the sprint/spoon air filter drop in.
Yeah, I’d be curious to know as well. I haven’t seen a solid CAI option yet. I trust 27WON, so I’ve been waiting for theirs I’ve probably read every blog post 4 or 5 times.

Downpipe is what I’m getting next, then I’m waiting for 27WON’s inlet pipe.

AshSerigala

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11-Gen Honda Civic Hatchback Sport-Touring

Currently I run PRL's HVI & Plus duct. Nice balance between being able to hear induction noises while also keeping fully isolated from the engine bay heat. Fills the cavity pretty well and the "plus" duct makes it louder, so windows up/down I can pretty easily hear induction/wastegate sounds. Currently its best on the market, in my opinion, just because not many exist yet. 27WON doesnt have theirs out yet. PRL's cost a bit, but IMHO I felt it was beyond worth the price based on how close-tolerance everything is, super solid installation, etc. My only gripe is the filter is not user-friendly to view/access. Gotta pretty much take the pipe/side off just to get to it. From what I've seen in the past, 27WON's on 10th gen had a view window that just comes off and poof, there's the filter..quick and easy. PRL uses oil filters, which isnt anything to me. One extra step with filter cleaning -- oiling, which to me is super easy to not over/under do it, but everyone varies.

But yeah, so far I've been happy with PRL's unit. Super clean sleak look. IAT/IAT2 while driving is pretty much 76F day = 84F IAT and 82F IAT2 @ 55MPH for ~30 mins of driving. Nice loud induction roar when the car starts, nice swooshhhh when you give throttle, and nice Pshhhhh when you let off..can hear that even on the highway ( windows up ).

But, Excited to see how the 27WON SRI sounds in comparison due to different filter type, and being open. Not worried about temps really, 3 months of the year its >80, the rest of the year is like 60s then 3-4 months of below 20. So, I'm basically getting the SRI for louder turbo/induction noise. BUT if I do decide to try the CAI enclosure they're working on, I'm happy to hear you can just upgrade to it, and hopefully be easier to service. I asked PRL if I could just buy the metal-plate to convert my HVI to a short-ram. As its the SAME filter, SAME pipe. I got told No. Only sold as a kit. Cant part it out. So that kinda wrote me off to look elsewhere. I like what 27WON does. I prefer to sport their products. Only had the HVI because it came out first and I was thirsty to mod and impatient to wait haha
Sponsored