• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

27WON - Testing the OE Turbo Inlet Pipe

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic hatch , 2018 White civic sedan
Noo too much heat soak .If any color then white (reflects heat) or polished aluminium (even more heat reflecting.)
Sponsored

joshhjackson2112

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
upload_2020-3-3_11-29-51.png
black maybe???
Would be nice if it was a glossy black. Most of us are going to be coupling this with aftermarket intakes which have dark glossy silicone hoses. Might look weird having 2 different colored blacks side by side. Eh, maybe it would be alright. I was imagining it would be more natural like the downpipe finish or maybe shiny polished like your exhaust.

Scarlet

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Civic LX Sedan - 1998 Civic Hatch TBD Turbo Something - 2014 Honda Ruckus - 2017 Civic Si Coupe
ETA for preorders? Come on!

joshhjackson2112

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
ETA for preorders? Come on!
My educated guess would be summer. They just released intercooler. They are not in a rush to get this part out. The business aspect of the company comes first. Vincent is not just a good r&d for aftermarket parts. He is also a damn good business man. I think they try to release one product per season. It's smart.

Scarlet

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Civic LX Sedan - 1998 Civic Hatch TBD Turbo Something - 2014 Honda Ruckus - 2017 Civic Si Coupe
My educated guess would be summer. They just released intercooler. They are not in a rush to get this part out. The business aspect of the company comes first. Vincent is not just a good r&d for aftermarket parts. He is also a damn good business man. I think they try to release one product per season. It's smart.
Yeah I get that and aware, running his turbo on my Si currently, but that doesn't help my patience tho lmao hahaha

joshhjackson2112

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Yeah I get that and aware, running his turbo on my Si currently, but that doesn't help my patience tho lmao hahaha
Nothing wrong with keeping the pressure on. :thumbsup:
I want this piece too. Along with the W1. How bad is the added turbo lag with the W1 compared to stock? Scale 1-10. 10 being the worst. I go back and forth with my decision on buying or not.

Scarlet

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I want this piece too. Along with the W1. How bad is the added turbo lag with the W1 compared to stock? Scale 1-10. 10 being the worst. I go back and forth with my decision on buying or not.
Considering how boost and turbos are on other cars, there really isn't much lag with it tbh, maybe 500-800 rpm later. It still hits full boost fast as hell, you shouldn't be worried about that at all. Also pulls much harder toward redline rather then falling on its face early.

joshhjackson2112

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Considering how boost and turbos are on other cars, there really isn't much lag with it tbh, maybe 500-800 rpm later. It still hits full boost fast as hell, you shouldn't be worried about that at all. Also pulls much harder toward redline rather then falling on its face early.
I am leaning more towards wanting to do it than not. Only other concern is that most seem to run flex fuel with W1. I really dont want to run e85. Is it still worth it without flex? I see that you run flex fuel. I don't see many who don't.

Hollywoo0220

Customer Service oriented (most of the time) :-)
First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tank, Lunar Module, and 1990 Diahatsu Charade
Not as long as a GTX2860 w/.72 A/R would @14psi. Tapered torque and higher HP with less strain on the fuel system and rods.

SouthSideBeef

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe
I am leaning more towards wanting to do it than not. Only other concern is that most seem to run flex fuel with W1. I really dont want to run e85. Is it still worth it without flex? I see that you run flex fuel. I don't see many who don't.
Based on numbers from DRobs Instagram, most fbo stock turbo si's make ~245 whp on 93. The w1 turbo will get you to ~290 whp on 93. Seems plenty worth it to me.

ManitobaSI

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
It would be nice if it can best match the 27won intake and intercooler piping. A touch of orange if possible would be nice for those with orange MAF housings. Also one day 27won oil caps or engine dress up items would be great.
Sponsored