• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

ccdd000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E250
just called my Alberta dealer, no updates on CTR from Honda Canada.
Sponsored

Kyofu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3 GT
couldn't the owner of the dealership just register the car and resell it with a markup as used?
Yep, unfortunately we're seeing that more and more often. Perfect example is this Toyota 4Runner with the TRD Off-Road option at 541 km on the odometer:
MSRP: $54,970.00
Being sold for: $69,995

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
local ford dealer here has lots of high end used cars for sale, all way above it should be. I'm thinking the owner drives them and sells them on his lot slightly used.

psyborg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Called my dealer today; I'm in line and he had no problems guaranteeing that I'd get one. He said this run and amount was similar to a lot of the 2020 models. Anyone know how many models Canada got of the 2021 CTR?

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Called my dealer today; I'm in line and he had no problems guaranteeing that I'd get one. He said this run and amount was similar to a lot of the 2020 models. Anyone know how many models Canada got of the 2021 CTR?
Boy, I do feel lucky that where Iā€™m at hasnā€™t been inundated with people trying to reserve one, but I have yet to talk to a single dealer who would guarantee me anything, until they have allocations.

Vtak Groceries

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Hoping my dealership is big enough to meet the criteria. Just sent my salesman a email to see if we can verify the info here. But I sure am happy I put a deposit in.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
My dealer confirmed rumors are true. Lucky for me I'm #1 with $2500 deposit down. Woooooo!
So in only a few 100 more posts, we should have finally heard from all the Canadians who have deposits on their Type Rs. šŸ˜œ

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
I work for Honda in Quebec,Canada..Just got some news from Honda Canada.........OH BOY!!!

This is not a joke,this is real stuff ...I don't know how its going to be in the US ...But here it is

THIS IS FOR CANADA

-The new Type-R will be available for 3 years only (2023,2024 and 2025)
-There will be 546 units total for Canada for the total 3 years!
-Most dealers won't be able to get them (you need to be a big dealer,or at least have sold 5+ R per year)

We are a big dealer in Quebec,and we have been told that we have a maximum of 7 Type-R only that we will be able to get in 3 YEARS!!!

-We will be limited to 2 or 3 car for the first year...for us the order's for 2023 will be this Monday morning,order's will be online at the dealer with the customer ...We had 2 customer interested in the 11th gen R,so the 2 client's have been contact to be here monday morning...

Wonder how it's going to be in the US ...

Good Luck boys!

Edit: No Price yet!
Is it true that in 2021 there were 200 touring CTRs sold in Canada?

If the number for three years is 546, that equates to 182 per year or only a 9% decrease.

Extrapolate to US market (i know that logic is dangerous and assumption based) then a 9% decrease (call it 10% for giggles) means 3,600 per year, each year for three years.

Not really alarmingā€¦..

ctrc2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model3
Is it true that in 2021 there were 200 touring CTRs sold in Canada?

If the number for three years is 546, that equates to 182 per year or only a 9% decrease.

Extrapolate to US market (i know that logic is dangerous and assumption based) then a 9% decrease (call it 10% for giggles) means 3,600 per year, each year for three years.

Not really alarmingā€¦..
i think it was more in other years, closer to 400 a yr

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
i think it was more in other years, closer to 400 a yr
Ok so letā€™s cut it in half. 1,800 per year = 5,400. With those numbers people will get them if they hang in there long enough. Honestly we donā€™t know what the US allocation is but hopefully this alleviates some consternation.

ccdd000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E250
sale manager called me back and confirmed it will be 3 year run for Canada with very limited number. I'm #3 on the list from dealer and they kindly said i probably will get a 2024 model not 2023. I put large deposit back in February just so you know.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
sale manager called me back and confirmed it will be 3 year run for Canada with very limited number. I'm #3 on the list from dealer and they kindly said i probably will get a 2024 model not 2023. I put large deposit back in February just so you know.
Glad I donā€™t live in Canada right now

turbomike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Honda Canda - West, the track, not in your DMs
Vehicle(s)
23 FL5 CTR, 22 MDX-S, 20 FK8 CTR
People can say they are x on the list but without a deposit and written agreement, no you're not.

Whoever said they put $2500 deposit, I put 6800 so good luck.

Honda told us the R is not there priority,a lot of things has change since the Covid...just the regular Civic now is almost impossible to get
This is true. Honda is focusing on the CR-V and the upcoming redesign HR-V. I think they mentioned the new redesigned Acura Pilot but I might have missed that segment since I had to help a dealer with some stuff

just called my Alberta dealer, no updates on CTR from Honda Canada.
At the dealer level, no one knows unless the Sales, Service or Parts Manager was in the meeting
Sponsored