• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
We need a “Canadian Type R release” post for all this Canadian stuff.
Sponsored

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
Sooner or later (prolly after 3-5 years), we might not be able to get one of these new type r at all.

So, Im going to ignore and shut every cheap ass down, pay at least a 10% mark up to MSRP on this new type R to snatch it as soon as I can.

Some people who don't understand markups (for certain areas) will wait and wait and wait and there won't be anyone trying to sell type r at the end.

Personally, I love breaking in manual cars from day 1 myself. With all the joy I'm going to have, 4-9k markup is nothing... at least that's what my dealer would charge more on top of increased MSRP :)
Yeah I honestly would be happy if I could get just a 5k markup. At this point I've accepted the fact that I just have to bend over and take it

Last edited:

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
The title literally says "In Canada"
To be fair, at the end of the thread after the entire title, not something that’s obvious, considering all the people who’ve posted thinking this was somewhere other than Canada.

how about we lead with the Canada part?

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
To be fair, at the end of the thread after the entire title, not something that’s obvious, considering all the people who’ve posted thinking this was somewhere other than Canada.

Lol - i read the entire book but dont know how it ended because it was not immediately obvious that there was an end to the book….

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R

Thats a reading comprehension problem lol. Its not at the end of the thread after the entire title. Its literally part of the title 😅

And to be fair I haven't seen anyone make a comment thinking that this was the case for the US. The comments are just speculating about if we will have it that bad here as well.

Last edited:

Shingo

First Name
Kyoo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No car now
Im worried. Will U.S be getting more type r than Canada? Like we can go to dealer buy type r when we could can afford one or one want like fk8.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Im worried. Will U.S be getting more type r than Canada? Like we can go to dealer buy type r when we could can afford one or one want like fk8.
Dude, the US has 10 times the population of Canada. Of course they are going to sell more than 180/year. Canadas population is like 38 million, it’s like the population of California alone.

CTR604

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No cars
Here’s the email response from my sales guy. I am a little nervous.

“We are aware of the limited supply of Type R and we hope to get two. We have deposits on two and we are very optimistic you will get your Type R. I will let you know the minute I have any additional information for you. Please do not hesitate to call me to discuss. The good news is this will make the Type R very rare and probably more valuable.”​

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Here’s the email response from my sales guy. I am a little nervous.

“We are aware of the limited supply of Type R and we hope to get two. We have deposits on two and we are very optimistic you will get your Type R. I will let you know the minute I have any additional information for you. Please do not hesitate to call me to discuss. The good news is this will make the Type R very rare and probably more valuable.”​
Thats code for “i have no idea but hang in there and we’ll let you know when we find out’

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
How is Canada the only place wehere the dealers know so much? Lmao
It could be just selection bias. The only reason why we know is because some members here are somewhat high up in the food chain there. I dont think there are any members here like that. This seems to confirm the rumors about the plans for the UK.

US will definitely be more but its hard to imagine that itll be the only country that will have more units than the FK8. Kinda sucks but I still want to get one

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
some say new Type R will build in Ontario Honda Plant.
That would be kind sad, as a Canadian, to watch them all built in your country, and not have a bigger allocation.

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
the r will not be built in Canada, but in Indiana & Ohio I believe
Sponsored