• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

spectre186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Camry, 23 Civic Type R
Nice video. I hope they go into mods next episode. I will definitely agree with one of the main points: Every time you drive this car it is an experience. Doesn’t matter if I’m just getting groceries, taking the kids to practice, or out on my favorite twisty road.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
I'm watching it now... Enjoyable.

Thank you for making this. I agree with basically all of it when it comes to the FL5. It also helps remind me that the car is particular to drive (everyday commuting, you start to lose touch with that). You make excellent points about the contrast between the Acura and Honda camps regarding the purpose.

You also really hit the nail on the head about electric cars. And while I'm not fully knowledgeable about electric cars like I should... I wonder if companies would succeed more if they focused on range, build quality, and practicality versus acceleration numbers. Of course, those numbers help sell to some... but not to most. It reminds me of the Accord V6 Hybrid.

Anyway, excellent work. Thanks.

Last edited:

savagegeese

First Name
Savagegeese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Type R
Nice video. I hope they go into mods next episode. I will definitely agree with one of the main points: Every time you drive this car it is an experience. Doesn’t matter if I’m just getting groceries, taking the kids to practice, or out on my favorite twisty road.
I'll have a mod video in Spring. It won't be some crazy, "I changed everything" video.

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
I'll have a mod video in Spring. It won't be some crazy, "I changed everything" video.
Nice video!

Can you explain the title choice? What are you referring to with "A Trip to Crazy Town" at the end?

spectre186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Camry, 23 Civic Type R
Can’t wait! I’m not going mod crazy on this car. Probably just things to help it stay reliable while doing track days. Maybe a cat back since it’s so quiet.

Kash338

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
Good video Savagegeese! Completely agree with you on the current state of the cars of today as well.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
Part of why I love the Savagegeese channel is their self-awareness. They drive a ton of cars, put out a ton of videos, and they know that only the most hardcore Type R/Type S fans are going to make it through all of this one. But they did it anyway, and it is much appreciated.

I think in the past two weeks, there's been a flood more content on these cars and it is starting to get super repetitive (especially the comparisons to the Type S...). But ultimately what was delivered on in this video is the fact that nothing else really has ever come close to checking so many enthusiast boxes, while also providing unimaginable practicality at a very reasonable price point relative to today's market.

Dollar for dollar it's the best sports car available, maybe ever. And yes I include the Type S in this conversation, I don't believe there's as much of a comparison as people want there to be.

savagegeese

First Name
Savagegeese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Type R
Nice video!

Can you explain the title choice? What are you referring to with "A Trip to Crazy Town" at the end?
It's more about the constant questions of why people love a FWD car pushing 50k. I had a guy say I was crazy to get one when I could get an old M3, M2, C7. So I think in some ways we have some screws loose but at same time used it as ammo to explain it a bit more. (Respectfully)

savagegeese

First Name
Savagegeese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Type R
Part of why I love the Savagegeese channel is their self-awareness. They drive a ton of cars, put out a ton of videos, and they know that only the most hardcore Type R/Type S fans are going to make it through all of this one. But they did it anyway, and it is much appreciated.

I think in the past two weeks, there's been a flood more content on these cars and it is starting to get super repetitive (especially the comparisons to the Type S...). But ultimately what was delivered on in this video is the fact that nothing else really has ever come close to checking so many enthusiast boxes, while also providing unimaginable practicality at a very reasonable price point relative to today's market.

Dollar for dollar it's the best sports car available, maybe ever. And yes I include the Type S in this conversation, I don't believe there's as much of a comparison as people want there to be.
Since this is a car I wanted to buy, not just for the content sake I have far less desire to use it as an excuse to make videos on it. So this is really a one off until I start messing with the car more.
The Type R/Type S is low hanging fruit for content, they get traffic I think thats why there are so many videos. I think most of this community for this car is also very self aware about the Type R more so than other forums and cars. The GR forums are super sensitive and Hyundai N.

MSUGeoman

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R #2486
BEST CAR I HAVE EVER OWNED. Caps off, this is it guys, we will not get better when it comes with ICE. Sincerely not trying to be dramatic, I’ve owned and currently own some pretty phenomenal vehicles. The type r gets 40 mi per day and I can honestly say I’ve never owned a better vehicle period. Those that can should and those who debate should seriously consider. We only get chances like this folks once in a lifetime. I’m convinced this is it, take it if you can, and try to improve on it if you dare. I love my FL5 and i won’t apologize. Bought it used at 51k with 3.9kmi and I’m glad for what I paid, this is what I’ve been worked hard for and what I’ve dreamed of since 1999.

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
It's more about the constant questions of why people love a FWD car pushing 50k. I had a guy say I was crazy to get one when I could get an old M3, M2, C7. So I think in some ways we have some screws loose but at same time used it as ammo to explain it a bit more. (Respectfully)
Thanks for the reply. I understand where they are coming from but I think you summed up your logic pretty well in the video.

There really isn't a more practical sports car/hatch on the market right now and I'm grateful that I can use this as my daily driver. As cars get more expensive many of us have to decide between owning, storing, and maintaining 2-3 cheaper vehicles or downsizing to one that can do it all. The FL5/DE5 will be a dream do-everything car for enthusiasts for decades.

Last edited:

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
Thanks for the reply. I understand where they are coming from but I think you summed up your logic pretty well in the video.

There really isn't a more practical sports car/hatch on the market right now and I'm grateful that I can use this as my daily driver. As cars get more expensive many of us have to decide between owning, storing, and maintaining 2-3 cheaper vehicles or downsizing to one that can do it all. The FL5/DE5 will be a dream do-everything car for enthusiasts for decades.
Preach.

I wasted so many thousands of dollars it's embarrassing to be specific, trying to figure out a one-size-fits-all solution to my enthusiast vehicle needs. I've had some great cars, don't get me wrong (10 of them since 2015...)- but with bills adding up trying to successfully guide two young adults into manhood, I was tired of compromising in one way or another. Two cars was just not working for me anymore; too much money tied up in vehicles and insurance. I tried one car situations too... I thought a 911 could work as a daily- and honestly it could, as long as you never had to use a back seat. I thought an RS5 Sportback could work- until I wanted to take it down a back road and had no idea what the front wheels were up to, and I missed having a manual.

This ITS does actually do it all. It drives so damn well I don't miss my Porsches, and I can take my 90 lb. dog, maybe an extra person or two, and as much equipment as I need to do whatever I want, whenever I want, as long as I want. I want for nothing anymore with a car and I just wish it would have been available 5+ years ago and saved me all this time and effort.